You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi indoordave,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please double check, with the clone brush selected, that you are using a suitable brush size, your Opacity, Scale and Flow are set to 100% on your context toolbar and Source is set to Current Layer.

Now press More on the context toolbar and check your brush settings are similar to mine shown below:

88de185cb0f7bb5f1db9cce558387bf2.gif

I hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Reinstalling the program won't help unfortunately, could you please confirm what results you're seeing whilst using the clone brush and provide a screenshot of your app whilst using the brush, including the context toolbar?

I've re-created the above GIF as a video, so you can pause and play it at your leisure. Please note you will need to Alt+Click on your image to set a source before you can use the tool.

• Staff

Thanks for that Dave, if you're still having issues with the tool then I'd recommend resetting your software to default settings.

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.
Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have any shortcuts or added anything so I will try this. okay I reset to default and the clone brush worked for one minute.  Now when I press option-click it won't select any color but the edit pull down says it has and undo is available.