casterle

[Cannot Reproduce] Post power-distrubute alignment issues

Moved from beta forum where I'd posted it in error:

I'm playing with power-duplicate via the Transform Panel and have discovered that if I power-duplicate an object, I cannot align with the first object:

image.png.df2bbfe736698e1f2b93f85f0fc7ceb3.png

image.png.149757a5e0dba9e6bf5a857d0f793fb9.png

In the above screenshot, I've power-duplicated the object on the left by first creating it, then selecting it and duplicating it via Ctrl-J. I then entered x+90 in the X: field of the Transform Panel. 

If I then try to create another circle, when I drag it I get alignment marks for the duplicated object, but no matter how slowly I move my cursor around the original object, no alignment marks appear.

The only way I've found to restore alignability to the first object is to move it, which somewhat defeats the purpose of power duplication.

As I continue duplicating, only the last X are alignable where X is the max number of candidates to display, in this case 4 as you can see indicated below:

image.png.a0a564c8f5af08fd4f1bea28cc57e7c5.png

This is as expected. But if I then change the number of candidates to display to 6, only the original 4 are indicated or selectable. Selecting each of the affected layers one at a time restores their alignability; then need not be moved.

image.png

Windows 10 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP & AD

8 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @casterle,

I tried this and I could not replicate it. 

Can you send us a screen recording of your workflow? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

image.png

I don't have screen recording software installed (unless it's part of Win 10 Pro that I don't know about). Can you suggest an easy to learn/use free program?

6 minutes ago, casterle said:

I don't have screen recording software installed (unless it's part of Win 10 Pro that I don't know about). Can you suggest an easy to learn/use free program?

LICEcap captures a selected region of the screen and saves it as an animated GIF.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

18 minutes ago, Alfred said:

LICEcap captures a selected region of the screen and saves it as an animated GIF.

Thanks, downloading it now...

On 3/21/2019 at 2:57 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @casterle,

I tried this and I could not replicate it. 

Can you send us a screen recording of your workflow? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

image.png

Try as I might, neither can I. This is puzzling because I reproduced this many times as I was putting together the images in my OP.

Phase of the Moon Error?