You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is T: USB, Network Drive, Another HDD Partition?

Make sure whatever it is, is mounted. Can it be seen by and accessed by Windows Explorer?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi chuck902,

Welcome to the forums :)

We've seen this error before and it's usually caused by a rogue font file. Could you please follow the below instructions and attach your log file to your reply? Many thanks!

1. Create a folder called 'temp' on the root of your C:\ drive so you have folder at C:\Temp\
  2. Run 'PDFLibLogging.reg' - this will create a registry entry that enables logging for PDF Export
  3. Run Affinity and export to PDF and then click OK to accept the error message.
  4. Go to C:\Temp\ and attach the newly created PDFlib.txt file to this thread - this is the log we're interested in seeing
  5. Once you've got that file run the 'PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg' to remove the logging as this can cause slowdown!

PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg

PDFLibLogging.reg

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks @Dan C

There was a corrupt font file listed in the log. I deleted it and then the export worked. Thanks!

Strange that that would cause a problem with this file since it does not contain any fonts.

Here's the file for reference. 

pdflib.log

Funny, I did search this forum before posting and couldn't find an answer. Hopefully, this will help someone in the future. 

• Staff

I'm glad to hear it, thanks for letting me know!

We're looking into fixing this in the future build, but it appears to be more than 1 external font that can cause the issue, regardless of if this font is used in the PDF.

I'll update our developers log with this information now :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!