You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity not responding. Both 1.6.5.123

When using either one of the two Affinity programmes, I can be using any of the tools or any one of the menu's and it's not always the same tool or menu, Affinity stops responding and the screen greys out.

Some times it responds after a short time of a few seconds to a couple of minutes and sometimes it does not respond at all and I have to shut the programme down.

I was delighted to see the Affinity stall at the photography show and I mentioned it to Chris Fitzmaurice, ( what a great name). He said that it could be because I was running Affinity on Windows and it was originally designed for MAC, but that there was a fix being built for the problem.

In this particular case, I was using the distort filter, Horizonatal to Point. but it can happen when I want to save any adjustment that I have carried out and want to save. I have attached a couple of screen shots to try and show the problem. I have attached three screen shots. I was resizing the file. I have also attached the raw file of 29.4 mb. I can't attach a smaller file because of the problem. I had developed it and moved it to the Photo Pasona.

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

IMG_1104.CR2

• Staff

Hi heskphotography :)

I'm sorry to hear it, I've developed and been playing round with the image you provided and I'm yet to experience any crashes.

Could you please confirm the following for me:

1. Your PC specs?
2. Have you fully updated your graphics card drivers and Windows 10?
3. Does similar behaviour occur in the 1.7 beta?

Please open Windows Run (by right clicking on the Start icon in the bottom left) and paste the following string:

%appdata%/Affinity/Photo/1.0/CrashReports

Click OK, this should open a Windows Explorer window. Please attach the latest 2 .DMP files to your reply here, if any are present.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response.

Both myself and my colleague have tried to replicate this issue across multiple machines and unfortunately we have yet been able to reproduce this crashing.

Could you please try closing all other open documents and edit only the one image you've previously attached. Does the crashing still occur?

We require a .afphoto file with all your edits made (hopefully before the file crashes!) If you could please open the image, develop it and make any changes/adjustments to it and before using the Rectangle to Polar filter, click File>Save History With Document, then save your .afphoto file and attach it here, many thanks.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan C.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I have been doing some research in editing and I have discovered that this problem occurs without warning and at any time in the editing process. I have come to the conclusion that it may be a problem with my machine as you cannot replicate the crash on your systems. Looking further into Firefox which is my preferred server, I have refreshed Firefox as there were some issues that Firefox Quantum has resolved. So I have refreshed onto that programme. I will continue to process photo files and see what occurs.

I shall let you know.

Thank you for your input.

Roy Hesketh