You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEW ipad min 2019 support? a12 chip

• Staff

Hi gamepin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo for iPad has needed more pixels that the iPad 4 mini provided. We are going to get one of the new iPad Mini 5 models and see if it functions correctly. We think that it might be OK. Please be patient, they were only announced yesterday and we do not have one yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I would also like to know this. I recently ordered an iPad Mini 2019, and I shoot raw format photos with my Fuji X-H1. The iPad Mini has the same number of pixels as all 9.7” iPads, 2048 * 1536 resolution, and with the A12 processor, it’s more powerful than any of the 9.7” iPads. If it’s going to work on my new iPad Mini, I’ll definitely buy Affinity! :)

I am so happy that you will try to run the app on the new iPad Mini. I am planning to buy the new mini because I like the tiny size. Previously you were not supporting Mini 4 because of the screen size. But I hope with the new Apple Pencil support, you will officially support the new iPad Mini. 

Looking to do some RAW editing on iPad while travelling and was hoping new iPad mini would work as wanted to purchase a mini and dedicate it just for travel photo work nothing else - cannot justify price of an iPad pro as I have a perfectly good iPad air 2 which I use for other tasks but which has limited storage capacity free for photos. So if can confirm Affinity Photo works on the new iPad mini I'll be purchasing both ASAP.  

Edited by kevcar

On 4/1/2019 at 12:54 AM, kevcar said:

So if can confirm Affinity Photo works on the new iPad mini I

See post by Jos (above your post). Works on mini for Jos.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

So Affinity Photo works on the iPad Mini 5. What about Affinity Designer?

I have bought the 2 apps already, but now need an iPad to use them (my old large one is not supported, neither the iPad Mini 4). I strongly am inclined to buy the new iPad Mini 5, but only if Designer and Photo work on it. Otherwise it will be a new iPad Air. 

• Staff

@Iq00 & @SergePx

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

We have had one since Wednesday, and that is our finding too.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon