You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird behavior of UI after export PDF

Hello reporting in for beta, I just installed 1.7.0.257 today and I did a very simple work on publisher. That is open a pre-designed pdf file to make printed invoices with page numbering for 50 pages.

After exporting to pdf the user interface started to behave weird, the first thing I tried was to right click on page 1 to change the numbering start to get the next batch and it froze there. The rest of the UI seemed frozen too except "File" menu, but even this didn't accepted any clicks. In task manager the program was not busy with anything but it was not reported crashed neither.

I haven't saved (not a big deal of a work anyway) so I tried the keyboard shortcuts and it opened the save window and the program started responding again.

I replicated this after the next batch was exported.

I haven't restarted after installation, I'm not sure if this is related but I will try to replicate this after a reboot.

The system is as described in my signature, windows 10 Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

Keep up the good work!

edit: Just replicated the problem after restarting to make sure it was not because of the new installation.

Edited by nitro912gr

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @nitro912gr,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you please update your publisher and see if you can still replicate this? If you can, please attach the .afpub file, and steps to replicate the issue, so we can log it with our developers 

Gabe. 

Hello just replicated it but this time it unfroze once I pressed control before also hitting S. Not sure if this happened before and though it was the ctrl+S that unfroze it.

Here is the file, please delete after you get it. It is not sensitive data, but I don't want it up for everyone.

Thanks

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

I open file -> ctrl+E for extract -> pdf for print and saving.

After the extraction is done try to right click on page from the list, from there on everything act weird, try to click edit menu for example.

With the newer version it seems that this behavior goes away after a couple of minutes. Maybe it is just my system slower and the program still handle other operations that "chock" it?

I guess in a more modern system than mine the impact from something like this could be close to non existent.

Current Workstation:

I take the steps as described above, (the gif doesn't show clicks) and it come back to normal once I press ctrl

Uof2EukP0X.gif

give it a moment in export, it is not the gif broken, just couldn't cut oute the export part.

Current Workstation:

6-9% cpu from publisher and 6-9% activity from usermod font driver host, avast showed some activity at 2-3% meanwhile but stopped while the behavior persisted.

Once I pressed ctrl everything fallen down to 0-1% activity and publisher started acting like normal.

I have like 2500 fonts active so I tried again with them off and restarting publisher (not the system, only publisher). (edit I have a font manager so I just turned the extra fonts off)

Well now this activity isn't there but publisher still act the same way so I'm not sure I can blame the many fonts I have.

I have to notice that I didn't see any other usage, disk activity was like 0.1% for 2-3 times for a very short period of time and ram was more or less stable, didn't seem to add or remove any meaning full amount of ram.

Edited by nitro912gr
(edit I have a font manager so I just turned the extra fonts off)

Current Workstation:

I just tried to save directly to my desktop and same thing happened.

Also tried directly to C:\somefolder (SSD) in case the big path is the problem but still the same happens.

Current Workstation:

oh good to know it is a bug, for a moment I was afraid that it was just my system. :)

Thanks for your help!

Current Workstation:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.