You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Panorama doesn't work on 6th-gen iPad?

Hello Moderators and all the users. I have a problem creating a New Panorama on my iPad.

I'm using a 6th generation 9.7" iPad. And my problem is that, everytime I press "stitch" under the Images panel with some pictures added and shown in the panel, nothing happens in the Panoramas panel.

I first thought that maybe my pictures added weren't appropriate for a panorama for some ratio issues. So, bearing that in my mind, I took some pictures again and I failed again to create a panorama.

So, I deleted AP on my iPad and downloaded it again to see if it would work this time; when you have some problems with a certain app, you delete and download it again, and then it works, which is international, I believe.

Anyway, on my first try with the new AP, thank God, it worked. I tried to match all the pictures horizontally and vertically with move tool, but with no satifying result. So, I decided to try again with the same pictures.

But, even with the same pictures added, help me God, the same problem occurred. Nothing appears in the Panoramas panel all over again. I took more pictures in a number of different settings and tried a new panorama again. Nothing happens in the Panoramas panel.

I understand there is a bug on the iPad version of Affinity Photo. I've already experienced some. It's OK. AP is still my Number 1 app and the utmost recommendation to anyone interested in photo editing.

Please, can someone tell me how to create a new Panorama or at least give me some news on updates regarding the bug issue?

• Staff

Hi EricHan and Welcome to the Forums,

Could you upload the images that are failing to stitch to our Dropbox here

I've tried replicating this with some images i have and they have stitched each time.  The only ones that didn't stitch, didn't have an overlap between images so that was to be expected.

Thank you, stokerg, for the quick reply. The problem has been solved.

And I know I must say that it was not Affinity Photo but I that had some sort of problems.

As I said in the query section, my pictures didn't stitch no matter how many times I tried, even after I deleted AP and reinstalled it on my iPad. And I took pictures all over again, and it didn't work.

Then, I thought that, maybe, my pictures were all wrong from the start. My understanding of "overlap" was that, for stitching, each picture was to have some parts in the areas, far-left or far-right, to stitch, which were the same objects or people and that was enough for me.

But, that wasn't enough. Through a couple of more tries, I found out that, even AP does a very wonderful job, to stitch seamlessly, each area must have objects that look quite the same or at least similar.

What I mean is that, when taking pictures for a panorama, just holding a camera still and moving my body slowly is not enough. I must take into account the fact that moving my body even slightly can create a different angle of an object and a distorted or crooked version of it, which didn't happen in the first photo and doesn't help pictures to stitch seamlessly.

Thank you again for the quick reply and I respect all the works and efforts that you guys at the Serif make to make this great App even greater.

Thank you.

Eric from South Korea.