You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Support !

We got surprised by the step taken by Serif Affinity team on bringing new functionality into ADesigner that made the software even usable and one of it was symbols.
That time you made the move, other software specialized on Web Design (Vector Design) where playing on other ground and suddenly adopted the symbol thing and i see few have quite improved it.
Personally i was waiting for ADesigner to offer new stuffs like wire stuff that allow to connect artboards etc... in fact, now that Muse and other Website design software are dead, we all tends to rely on what we have and i see a lot of people switching to XD and they do evangelize a lot about it.

So i ask again, have you dropped the web design land ?
Are we going to see more stuffs that will make ADesigner the tool we would use for website design ?
Is the publisher what you are now preparing to do that job ?

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff
7 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Hello Support !

We got surprised by the step taken by Serif Affinity team on bringing new functionality into ADesigner that made the software even usable and one of it was symbols.
That time you made the move, other software specialized on Web Design (Vector Design) where playing on other ground and suddenly adopted the symbol thing and i see few have quite improved it.
Personally i was waiting for ADesigner to offer new stuffs like wire stuff that allow to connect artboards etc... in fact, now that Muse and other Website design software are dead, we all tends to rely on what we have and i see a lot of people switching to XD and they do evangelize a lot about it.

So i ask again, have you dropped the web design land ?
Are we going to see more stuffs that will make ADesigner the tool we would use for website design ?
Is the publisher what you are now preparing to do that job ?

We still have no plans to create a webdesign app I'm afraid.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

9 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Surely you know that creating graphics is only a small part of web site design. These days, even very simple sites deliver different content depending on the OS, the device, & the browser used by visitors. They may include support for purchases using a variety of different payment methods, downloads of various kinds of content, user comments, & so on.

It is a bit much to expect Affinity Designer to include support for any of that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello Guys 

Thank you for your replies.
in fact i was talking about few functionalities that will make ADesigner to be used for Websites mockups and flat designs, things that we present to client before development decision is made.
I mean like what we see people do with SketchApp or Figma or even inVision.
Those functionalities that helps.

For one of my old designs i was happy to have those symbols things you put in there, they actually helped me for many things like color sync etc... 
So having more tools like that would be great and helpful for those who do websites/apps mockups

Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

36 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

So having more tools like that would be great and helpful for those who do websites/apps mockups

Do you mean adding more symbols or something else? When you mentioned "wire stuff that allow to connect artboards etc." I had the impression you meant something considerably more elaborate.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Do you mean adding more symbols or something else? When you mentioned "wire stuff that allow to connect artboards etc." I had the impression you meant something considerably more elaborate.

I wonder whether Arnaud is thinking in terms of a node-based system. If so, it could be very powerful but it would be a such a radical departure from what we currently have that I don’t see it happening in the Affinity apps any time soon (if ever).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello @Alfred @R C-R

You both got it right!
@Callum in fact i'm not going the New Web Design Software route but asking for few more to be added and the example i point to is SketchApp recent improvement.
I mean, like ADesigner, Sketchapp is a vector design software which used to sucks a lot but peoples who design websites and make app design use it a lot (not for development) and even contribute to make it better: it is their product.

I mean we use ADesigner and it can be confusing to also install SketchApp on the same PC/Laptop just because i may want to draw or design an App like i would do with the other App or even think about going the XD route just because of it's Artboard wire and Sync etc.
i mean the way ADesigner manages symbols must be improved and also the constrain studio needs to be improved and i believe with all recent tuning made with predominant tools like the pen tool, the node tool etc... it will be a pleasure to do App Design with ADesigner.

This is mypersonal though about how things are managed by Serif up to now in regards with the public.
if other companies can make a great success of a function or a concept they've actually got inspired by Serif, then Serif have no right to not improve or drop down what they create because it is proven that Serif know how to invent.
I don't know how many hours of tuto I've watched on YouTube when CC 2019 first came out making great noise of things we already had with APhoto and ADesigner and ... they got even more users and fans when Affinity only went to 1 million users instead of 2 or 3 million users.

Hope this will help !
Blessings.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

44 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

i mean the way ADesigner manages symbols must be improved ...

Improved how? What specifically do you want to see that would make it easier to use symbols in the app for website mockups & such?

Affinity Photo