You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been using affinity since mid 2017 and overall love the program but do have some issues with the UI (comes from being a programmer for over 30 years).

After answering Yes to this dialog an uncountable number of times, please put in a way to make it go away.     It was useful for about 3 times and since then a major annoyance.  

image.png.4fc5049bd65d0b4ba11a1e183bf8f78d.png

If your programming staff doubts my word, Alan Cooper (inventor of visual basic) has quite a lot to say about this subject in "About Face" (still available in the first edition from Amazon last time I checked).     Modal dialogs like this for rank beginners are ineffective at best and very annoying to anybody with more than an hour's use of the RAW engine (which is quite good)

Thanks for listening and hopefully this dialog can be given a check box to make it permanently disappear from my work flow.   [/rant off]

6 hours ago, glshipley said:

from my work flow

Why do you opening a RAW files in an "Editor" (for RAW file developing), when you do not want to develop them? For view RAW file can be used any other "Viewer". 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

17 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Why do you opening a RAW files in an "Editor" (for RAW file developing), when you do not want to develop them? For view RAW file can be used any other "Viewer". 

Perhaps I didn't make it clear.   Just because I open a RAW file doesn't mean I will finish with the development.   I normally shoot dozens of frames of a particular subject and get part way through creating a tone curve and want to abandon it for another angle.    This dialog box gets in the way of my cognitive load which is focused on what my images are, not how to manage the software.   Hope this clears up what I intended.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, glshipley said:

hopefully this dialog can be given a check box to make it permanently disappear from my work flow. 

Great idea, also bugs the hell out of me. Far too often I open the wrong file and have to click more than once to back out of my mistake. I know I should be more careful in choosing which files to open. And at times I get called away and just want to cancel the opening of a RAW file as part of the shutting down of the computer.

+ 1 on the checkbox.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

58 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Great idea, also bugs the hell out of me. Far too often I open the wrong file and have to click more than once to back out of my mistake. I know I should be more careful in choosing which files to open. And at times I get called away and just want to cancel the opening of a RAW file as part of the shutting down of the computer.

+ 1 on the checkbox.

It really bugs everyone who does raw editing.   I know they've read some of Alan Cooper's work since they have major tasks named "personas" which is straight out of his material.   Wonder why they didn't also pay attention to what he said about such message boxes insulting their users?    A conundrum to be sure. LOL