You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Red matte persistent during refine and print

I had been processing an image an image by making a selection and then selecting Refine selection. This created a red matte that covered my entire image, not just the non-selected part. I was able to paint around the edges and refine and use the selection.

I then tried to print the image. and the red matte also appeared on the preview image. I exported the final image as a flattened tiff (closing the original). I then re-loaded it and went to print. Again the red matte was there. The image printed OK. You can see my final image under Share Your Work.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi John,

Are you able to reproduce this on a new document at all? It would be handy if you could so we can get the afphoto file from you with saved history. 

It sounds similar to when in Inpainting red matte got stuck on the screen so I wonder if this is a related issue :56_anguished:

@Chris B I tried to reproduce the Refine Selection with a new image, (one of the various images used for stacking) but it appeared to behave itself.  I then called up the print dialogue and got this:

PrintDialog.png.61446fb941e4683129d4a57cc2e91de3.png

The red matte on this is similar to what I was getting on my Refine Selection.

Here is an .afphoto file similar to what  I was using before (which now behaves):

AmaryllisMergeTIF.afphoto

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi John,

The red tinge is coming from a bug in the Print preview dialog. The image was too big for the paper so the print dialog was warning you by giving it a red tinge, however if you reduce the scale so it fits on the paper, the preview still had the red tinge.

So I need to log this with the developers and there's nothing wrong with your image! 

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is still present in the latest Photo beta release (285?).

John

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Print dialog isn't removing the red overlay on a scaled image) of the program in the latest beta release of Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer on Windows. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.