You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cutting out/ Hiding Objects

Hey, I'm totally new to Affinity Photo and I don't want to bother with the whole manuel, so maybe u guys can answer 2-3 specific questions for me. As an example I picked 2 trivial pictures to illustrate my desire. So in this case I'd like to (1.) Cut out the stone and (2.) place it behind one of the trees - so u just see one part of the stone, the other is covered by the trunk and maybe (3.) adapt the the cartoon style to the stone so it fits in much better. How to accomplish my aim? I tinkered already with the variety of tools, but as I said, I'm totally new.  Thank you, in case u know what to do. 

stein.jpg

Wald Cartoon .jpg

It would be a good idea to watch the Affinity Photo - Cutting Out video tutorial. It's about 7 minutes long but it should teach you more about the process in less time than by reading a bunch of replies, follow up questions, etc.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 3/18/2019 at 7:02 AM, Nessx said:

Hey, I'm totally new to Affinity Photo and I don't want to bother with the whole manuel, so maybe u guys can answer 2-3 specific questions for me.

Expanding on R C-R's answer, here's a link to all of Affinity's AP YouTube videos (over 200) covering many AP features: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjZ7Y0kROWitLXsh6z4Z3qBYCS6xoIXHN

Go to the page and search for what you're interested in (note that all of the videos aren't loaded when you first go to the page - to search all of the video titles, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the list before searching if you don't find it initially).

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub