Max N

Refinement selection adds noise to borders.

The background image is white. After clarifying the border and outputting the results to a new layer with a mask, in the layer with a mask, such noise appears at the edges of the selection. 416046253__2019_03_17_12_03_29_233.thumb.gif.b668e602e0abe9266d46ebe814fde73b.gif

Yes it is a mess and nothing seems to work to minimize it

It has been reported before and until they fix it your friend is a contrasting background and the eraser tool for clean up

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 & beta 1.7.0.293 Affinity Photo 1.6.5,.135 beta  1.7.0.293 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

Hi Max N,

Can you please attach that afphoto file? I can't get this anywhere near as bad as what I'm seeing in your recording. I want to ensure this is being looked at. Thanks! 

The "New Layer with Mask" output option in the Refine screen has never worked properly.

Just use the "Mask" output option instead, for now

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Max N,

Can you please attach that afphoto file? I can't get this anywhere near as bad as what I'm seeing in your recording. I want to ensure this is being looked at. Thanks! 

Here is a document with stories.

b1.afphoto

16 hours ago, Max N said:

Here is a document with stories.

b1.afphoto

Thank you. I see what is happening now. It looks like carl123 was right as this has been in our database for a while and has had a number of bumps. I've updated the bug report as it wasn't marked as affecting the 1.7 beta.