You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to AP? Here's a great way to get started...

I bought AP a few weeks ago and set about learning the software. Affinity has provided LOTS of very helpful videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjZ7Y0kROWitLXsh6z4Z3qBYCS6xoIXHN), as have many other generous folks. But this is a piecemeal approach; great for examining features but not a holistic approach to learning such an feature-laden program. 

I searched for AP courses and found one I would highly recommend: Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations (https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/learn/v4). It's inexpensive (under $20 as I recall) and covers everything except the Develop Persona which has its own course. I've learned so much; he includes all of the images he uses so you can play along. He also includes a 55 page PDF that serves as a post-course refresher covering the high points from each of the of the topics, including screenshots. I am now working on his Little Box of Tricks course, and have purchased another called Beginner to Pro via Reference and Workflow that I have yet to start. One of the features of this last course is a section containing 80+ small reference videos (with accompanying images) covering individual features. 

The author, Simon Foster (drippy cat on these forums), is very responsive to questions and is willing to dig deep to find answers when necessary. He also makes changes to his videos in short order to clear up bits that may be unclear. I don't know Simon and gain nothing by recommending his course other than the satisfaction of promoting a great way to get started with AP.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

Ditto. I have purchased the courses you mentioned plus others, including one that covers AP on the iPad. Definitely the best source for learning AP that I’ve run across. Don’t know about other Udemy courses but this series by Simon Foster is highly recommended. I happened to catch them on sale for USD $10 each so the price does vary. 

5 hours ago, G-Ramps said:

Ditto. I have purchased the courses you mentioned plus others, including one that covers AP on the iPad. Definitely the best source for learning AP that I’ve run across. Don’t know about other Udemy courses but this series by Simon Foster is highly recommended. I happened to catch them on sale for USD $10 each so the price does vary. 

I've taken many Udemy courses over the years, mostly on technical subjects. I have to say that Simon is at the pinnacle when it comes to not only course content but also in patiently responding to questions and updating content to eliminate confusion.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub