You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drag and Drop Images from Desktop or Website BUG

Hello,

I'm having a sporadic problem, it seems to be a color profile problem with the HD3000 graphic card, I have a mid 2011 Mac mini running High Sierra

I was able to drag and drop images from the desktop into Publisher while using a HP monitor and also drag images into existing picture frames to replace the image already there. When I shutdown and connected a Samsung 32" monitor this function in Affinity Publisher does not work, so I switched the color profile in the Mac Preferences to use the Generic RGB and then the drag and drop image replacement worked for a while.

When it stops working there is no green icon with the plus mark showing that you can drop the image, also the pinkish highlight does not show on the picture frame indicating that the image can be dropped into the picture frame.

Is this a bug, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Update: A little progress:

1. Changed Mac Pref's to use "Generic RGB Profile"
  2. Close Affinity Publisher and re-launched
  3. Made a new document with settings Color Format: RGB/16 and Color Profile: Generic RGB Profile
  4. Drag image from desktop into new document and convert it to Picture Frame
  5. Drag new image onto Picture Frame and see the Picture Frame highlight and drop image and the image changes.

As long as images are dragged from the desktop or the Mac finder window the functions to import a image or replace a image works, but as soon as you try to drag a image from a webpage Affinity Publisher stops being able to accept images from anywhere and you have to close Affinity Publisher and re open to get the drag and drop to work.

So the only way as of now is to drag the image from the stock photo website to the desktop and then from the desktop to Affinity Photo, this feature worked awesome in PagePlus for making quick mockups for clients and allows me to change images on the fly from the photo website, it is a very sophisticated feature that just increase productivity in so many ways.

Thank You 

Only part of your issue, but inmortat nevertheless:

What you are doing, isn‘t really correct. You never(!) should attach a monitor profile to an image. Monitor profiles compensate the deviations of your individual monitor in order to display correct colours. If you apply such a profile to an image, your individual monitor values will be used on every other system too.

Use the monitor profile for your display, and use image profiles (sRGB, AdobeRGB, …) for your images.

Agreed, the selected profile in Display preferences needs to be the calibrated profile for your display, NOT a generic profile unless there is no calibrated one available (in which case you cannot expect accurate results on the display).

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.