You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 year later...

I'm late for the debate, anyway:

+1000 for a decent Solo/Isolate functionality!

... both for layers (ALT-click, nice!) and separate objects.

(Illustrator does it by double-clicking an object, as you surely know)

Thanks!!

Best regards

Eugen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
+100500.
When I double click on an object the reaction of Affinity and Illustrator are same - go down by hierarchy.
But difference in next:
- Illustrator isolate objects (fix isolation on selected hierarchy level)
- Affinity go up immediatelly when I try to do something else. Yes, I can select objects with Shift key. But if I try to select some objects with mouse the Affinity send back me from group to the top level.

If this is considered, I would also like to suggest the idea to isolate objects from a clipped shape. Pressing Ctrl + Click is useful, but not when I need to create a bounding box to select bunches in clipped areas.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Isolating an object is very useful when working on objects above the background. Illustrator's simple solution double click works wonders. Unfortunatelly alt+click in Affinity works more like an isolated preview since any other click outside of the object itself will cancel the effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @MattP Still waiting on a workable solution to this. Any plans on improving the isolation mode? I am working on a very complex piece currently and this would come in super handy.

Option clicking on a layer should isolate it until you option click it again in the layer panel. Nothing fancy. Everything else goes away, then everything else comes back.

The current setup doesn't make sense to me if by clicking anywhere in the document you bring back everything, how do you actually do any work if it pops out of isolation at the first click?

is there something I'm missing or not doing? Thanks, Kevin

...in the meantime, how about the ability to assign a shortcut for the "edit all layers" feature to quickly toggle it on and off? Currently it's kinda hidden at the bottom left corner of the layers panel. Until there's a working isolation feature or a "lock everything other than what's selected" ability that would suffice.

Sorry team, I'm gonna keep harping on this until there's a workable solution that enables working on complex files a little easier. :-) 

1 hour ago, retrograde said:

...in the meantime, how about the ability to assign a shortcut for the "edit all layers" feature to quickly toggle it on and off? Currently it's kinda hidden at the bottom left corner of the layers panel. Until there's a working isolation feature or a "lock everything other than what's selected" ability that would suffice.

Great suggestion, one that I too think would be very useful!