EdK

Import page from one APub doc to another??

Thanks. This works for copying/pasting the contents of a text frame, but isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm doing a multiple-volume book series. Nearly every page of each volume is unique, but there are spots where all (or most) of an existing page is needed. The needed page will usually contain more than just text in a single text frame. I'd like to import the entire existing page rather than copy/paste its separate components one at a time.

Suggestions? Currently I'm using "Save as..." to create the new volumes and then removing unwanted pages (which means most of the book) and starting the new book from there. If there 100 pages and I only want to keep 2, it would be much easier to start with a blank slate & adding 2 pages.

And why don’t you do this?

Save a „template" with one or two blank pages and copy the two pages, which you want, into this document.

There is actually no way to copy complete pages.

Drag/drop or place the APu file on your page
Now it's embedded/linked and when you select it in the layers panel you get the option to choose which page you want to show.
When you want to edit some parts on that page you simply choose edit document,this will open in a new tab where you can edit something.
You cannot save that tab but you can export to pdf.
This procedure also works for multipage pdf files

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

11 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

And why don’t you do this?

Save a „template" with one or two blank pages and copy the two pages, which you want, into this document.

Thanks. Although I didn't mention it, I did create a template containing my Master Pages together with one blank page for each master page (and a TOC page). Not perfect but a step in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Thanks. My project for today. I'll let you know how it goes.

55 minutes ago, EdK said:
1 hour ago, haakoo said:

Thanks. My project for today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Brilliant!!

I've got to do some more experimentation, but it seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks.