You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Application crash when opening document

For some reason, Affinity Publisher Beta is crashing when I try opening my document. I am able to create a new document, but not open an existing one. I've repaired the application but nothing has changed. I am running on Windows 10 and have installed the latest version of Affinity Publisher.

Edited by julimae
added additional info

13 hours ago, julimae said:

For some reason, Affinity Publisher Beta is crashing when I try opening my document. I am able to create a new document, but not open an existing one. I've repaired the application but nothing has changed. I am running on Windows 10 and have installed the latest version of Affinity Publisher.

Hello @julimae,

welcome to the forum.

My first thought is that it might be related to the particular document and not to APub. Three suggestions to narrow this down:

1. Does the crash occur when you try to open a different APub document you created before?
  2. Or create a new and simple document with just a little text and save this under a new name. Close it and try to reopen it. Does this work?
  3. Can you perhaps post the failing document here in the forum so that others can try to reproduce?
    (Note: as a new forum user you may encounter a restriction to upload files. This will open up once you posted a couple of times (I think it is three or five posts).
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hello! To answer your questions:

1. Unfortunately, this is the only document I created before the new update so I have nothing to compare it to.

2. Yes it does. The new document I created opens perfectly fine. So like you said, it seems to be the specific file that isn't working properly.

3. Sure, I can post the file.

Thanks for your help!

-- Julimae

Planner_-_Copy.afpub

41 minutes ago, julimae said:

Hello! To answer your questions:

1. Unfortunately, this is the only document I created before the new update so I have nothing to compare it to.

2. Yes it does. The new document I created opens perfectly fine. So like you said, it seems to be the specific file that isn't working properly.

3. Sure, I can post the file.

Thanks for your help!

-- Julimae

Planner_-_Copy.afpub

Hi @julimae,

thanks for the file. I can open it without a crash. It asks for missing resources which I obviously cannot locate.

There is a chance that one of those resources is causing a problem. But it is hard to tell what it might be.

Are you aware that you can open the APub file in Affinity Designer beta as well? You could try this way.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

6 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @julimae,

thanks for the file. I can open it without a crash. It asks for missing resources which I obviously cannot locate.

There is a chance that one of those resources is causing a problem. But it is hard to tell what it might be.

Are you aware that you can open the APub file in Affinity Designer beta as well? You could try this way.

d.

Okay. I did not know that I could open APub files in Affinity Designer. I will try that and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks!

-- Julimae

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.