You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.0.24665)

Hello, there is a bug in Affinity Photo beta in the help on a french OS X (tested on Yosemite).

First, the help is in english langage. In a previous version, the help was in french on a french OS X system. 

Second, is the help correctly displayed ? The left panel is different from the left panel on the Designer help.

Thirdly, on the section "Design Aids" on the help, clicking on the topic "Force Pixel Alignment" display nothing.

Here is a video that describe this: https://vimeo.com/125863716

(Sorry about the quality go the video, Vimeo accept only one HD video per week for basic users, and I have also posted a similar video about a bug on the french help on Affinity Designer beta.)

Matt, I don't understand the how the shift key works. Nothing different seems to happen with the color sliders whether I hold it down or not.

It's already in the next beta of Affinity Designer... :)  This is the great thing about a shared back-end, it means that nice things like this are automatically in all the products, as are any bug fixes :)

Hi KipV,

it's already there in Affinity Photo … hold Shift and move a slider … should look like in my video …  :)

But I think you missed the word "next" in the phrase "It's already in the next beta of Affinity Designer" … it is not already there in Affinity Designer, but I guess this will come "next" week …  ;)

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

Color management always seems to be improved. In the case of an image without profile, I do not want to convert in the workspace but in that of my choice (not necessary the same). Similarly, when you paste a other picture (or a piece of picture) into a different layer, it does not seem to be correct color management in the paste.

The same "Convert" button is present for the conversion and profile assignment window. It is ambiguous because it is not the same thing.
Thank you.

Hello, 

Really wondering why the affinity apps "Photo" and currently "Designer Beta" don't follow the conventional mac UI open window/document switching standard, it would make cycling through multiple open documents a whole lot faster and easier.

For example with a program, like safari and photoshop one would just press "Command + `" to cycle through open documents which has been an OSX standard for as long as I can remember.

This should also reflect in the "Window" menu displaying multiple open documents to select through.

I like the current tabs implementation for switching between documents, however, sometimes i just rather do it the standard mac UI way as I would think most people would too?

I also posted this on the Designer Beta thread.

post-414-0-50258400-1430300268_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hello, 

Really wondering why the affinity apps "Photo" and currently "Designer Beta" don't follow the conventional mac UI open window/document switching standard, it would make cycling through multiple open documents a whole lot faster and easier.

For example with a program, like safari and photoshop one would just press "Command + `" to cycle through open documents which has been an OSX standard for as long as I can remember.

This should also reflect in the "Window" menu displaying multiple open documents to select through.

I like the current tabs implementation for switching between documents, however, sometimes i just rather do it the standard mac UI way as I would think most people would too?

I also posted this on the Designer Beta thread.

Opening documents are not windows, they are TAB base - hence why Cmd + ' doesn't work, and they don't appear in the Windows menu. They only appear in the View menu. However, the behaviour you suggest is available in Separated Mode since each document is opened inside its own windows. :)

For reference, Safari do not support Cmd + ' to switch between tabs (at least not on Yosemite). The standard for switching between tabs on the Mac is Control + TAB.

This is actually OS X own behaviour and we have no control over it.

Also, see this thread: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4036-switch-between-documents/

Thank you for clearing that up about standard mac behaviours, I read the other post about similar request, seems the other post is still open about command + tilde, for us users that never intend to use separated mode ever, would it be possible to add switching between tabs with that key shortcut?

An app like photoshop does support it and it's very useful although I'm sure they did their own voodoo to make that happen outside of apple convention (sorry Adobe has spoiled us  :) )

With non-developers like us, documents/windows kinda become synonymous, fundamentally we know they are different things however.

Looking very forward to next beta!

• Staff

With non-developers like us, documents/windows kinda become synonymous, fundamentally we know they are different things however.

Looking very forward to next beta!

I've added Command + ' to switch between documents in the next beta. :)

Les outils sont nombreux, certes, mais l'ensemble des menus et des icones répartis autour de la zone de travail n'est pas facile à appréhender. Cette densité est finalement très fouillis et devrait être organisée pour rivaliser vraiment avec Photoshop qui reste la référence, à moins que Affinity Photo rationalise l'emploi de son produit. A ce jour, je rachèterai encore le concurrent.

I played around especially with selecting and masking and stumbled on a lot of strange things. Often the program seems to get in an inconsistent state, but it is hard to describe, how do get there. Two things, which are reproducible:

- While anything is selected, it is not possible to delete a layer.

- More complicated: Load image, duplicate layer, do box-selection on each of the layers. CMD-drag selection. First strange thing is that the application will switch to the crop tool after end of drag. Second there is a hole (alpha = 100 %) on each of the layers of the size of the initial selections. Strangely both are on the same place. That is, the second "hole" is not at the place of the second selection, but at the place of the first.

BTW. The usability of the layer effects would be greatly improved if after checking a specific effect, the corresponding parameters would be shown. Especially because it is not clear for which effect parameters are displayed, this is quite confusing.

command + is zoom in and command - is zoom out.  Always has been when using any Mac app.  I wouldn't want this behavior to change.  Why change the default Mac behavior?  If someone is used to the way Illustrator works then use illustrator!  I would want the Affinity UI to match the default UI behavior to keep things in sync.

-1 vote to switch between documents using command +.  Control tab works just fine in either windowed or full screen mode.  Don't complicate things just for the benefit of the AI users out there. 

If someone insists on specific short cuts, he/she should keep the software that offers these shortcuts.

I am always open for new things, and I think it is just a matter of a few weeks to get accustomed to other key combinations.

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

• Staff

Don't panic Signguy - I think it just wasn't clear from the way it was written but the request was for Cmd AND ` to toggle tabs when the user isn't in a separated (windowed) mode but has multiple tabs available.

There are no plans to change the Cmd AND + or Cmd AND - shortcuts as that would make me very grumpy - and nobody wants that ;)

Les outils sont nombreux, certes, mais l'ensemble des menus et des icones répartis autour de la zone de travail n'est pas facile à appréhender. Cette densité est finalement très fouillis et devrait être organisée pour rivaliser vraiment avec Photoshop qui reste la référence, à moins que Affinity Photo rationalise l'emploi de son produit. A ce jour, je rachèterai encore le concurrent.

C'est encore une beta ;)

Les outils sont organisés différemment, mais on s'y adapte ... les problèmes de gestion des couleurs qui subsistent sont sensblement plus problématiques pour moi.

:)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.