You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.7.0.7)

There is a bit of a momentary jaggedness when typing on a font in the Metal GPU mode. This goes away after a second or two.  I don't know if anyone is experiencing the same but I fixed by switching to OpenGL.

The pinch zoom on my trackpad (MacBook Pro mid 2018, 13", Mojave 10.14.2) seems to stop working frequently when using Affinity Designer. Sometimes I can re-enable it by de-activating/activating it in systems preferences, but often I need to put the laptop to sleep for it to work again. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, too?

@MattP

One question that came to my mind, is the Appearance Panel planned to work with text? I didn't try it until now (on Windows), and they don play together.

Best regards!

31 minutes ago, MattP said:

It doesn't work with text at present, but that will come in the future... sorry :/ 

Thanks, Matt, I was just curious about it.

Have a great day. :)

I just want to say that I am so happy to have that sculpt option in Designer. Thank you so much for adding that.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hey guys,

what happened to the construction mode?
I was very happy that these options were implemented, but I can't find them in the current beta.
Has the mode been moved to a new category or has development been paused or even cancelled?

That would be a shame, because it already looked very promising. :37_disappointed:

Greetings
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

12 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

what happened to the construction mode?

From @MattP's Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.7.0.6) OP:

Temporarily remove the 'construction mode' button in Node and Pen tools.. construction mode will return in a different form in the future!

and in a later reply:

We’re definitely looking at a future version for construction stuff - we have a better plan so want time to do it right... 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I have no idea what to expect with the construction tools, but my guess is that the wait will be worth it.

Edit:

I was meaning to ask a question, and I forgot. Is there a way to convert my preference from Designer 1.6 to this beta (styles, brushes, custom keyboard shortcuts, etc?)

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On 3/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, hubob said:

The pinch zoom on my trackpad (MacBook Pro mid 2018, 13", Mojave 10.14.2) seems to stop working frequently when using Affinity Designer. Sometimes I can re-enable it by de-activating/activating it in systems preferences, but often I need to put the laptop to sleep for it to work again. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, too?

yes this happens to me often.  Is this an Affinity issue? I thought it might have been a Mac firmware issue.

Hi Affinity, I can't select fonts from left pane drop down list in this latest beta. I am able to scroll down the list and select a font, but then the font reverts to Arial once I start typing. The only way I can ultimately select the font is first typing in Arial and then selecting the type and then going back to the font list and selecting again.  The MAS version doesn't have this issue.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.