You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.7.0.7)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: Here

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the beta of Affinity Designer 1.7 for macOS.

Designer 1.7 is a significant change to the currently shipping 1.6 version. Files edited in this version will not be backwards-compatible with the shipping 1.6 version. As such, we would not recommend using this 1.7 version for critical or production work at this stage. It is inevitable that there were will be a number of issues with 1.7 but we hope these will be minor and aim to resolve any issues very quickly, so please use it and explore the new features, but also do keep in mind that you may find snags and we would appreciate your help with finding and reporting these to us.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

It’s also worth noting that we aren’t done yet - we are still working through reported bugs from previous releases and hope to fix as many as possible before the final release of 1.7.

With all that said, we hope that you will enjoy the new capabilities introduced in this initial release and we look forward to any and all feedback you give to us.

Many thanks,

Matt

Please refer to previous beta updates for a full list of all changes to date. This latest update builds on the 1.7.0.6 changes and also includes the following changes:

Fix for items which contain other items always getting rasterised on export

Improved draw performance for vector containers (Any vector object which you put something else inside. i.e. make a circle and then clip some other object inside it)

Wireframe mode should work correctly for multiple linestyles

Added clickable context toolbar for when an image is selected, allowing users to scale or set bitmaps to arbitrary sizes

Fix for a number of Appearance panel issues

12bit RGB TIFF support

Double-clicking an item in the Assets panel will now queue it up in the Place tool, ready for you to drag out at the size you like

Paste image now works from browsers again

Fix for selection frame not representing currently selected objects and their transform properly! :S

Point Transform tool - now has on-document feedback about relative scale and rotation during drag and specific Transform studio information

Grid Widget (turned on via grid and axis manager) only allows 'full editing' (editing of scale and angle) while in Move Tool and only when a cube grid is not active

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Give me chance! I'm still pressing the buttons! :S

Remember to push them in the correct order.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

ACE ACE ACE!

Just done a PDF/X 1a 2003 export ----- WORKS PERFECTLY ------- Brilliant stuff Matt

Also tested a job set up as Art boards ----- everything still gets rasterised ------ no worries I'll convert my Art boards as single pages till it's fixed

Good work boss

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

28 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

As always: Updates of beta versions are distributed at first without using the in-app update mechanism to avoid, that crucial bugs are spread too fast.

So: The in-app updater alerts you later than the forum here.

I'm perfectly aware of this , but IIRc 1.7.0.6 was released a week ago.... so please read carefully what is written before replying...

4 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Just done a PDF/X 1a 2003 export ----- WORKS PERFECTLY ------- Brilliant stuff Matt

Also tested a job set up as Art boards ----- everything still gets rasterised ------ no worries I'll covert my Art boards as single pages till it's fixed

I confirm the first one. It works ok now.

Can't confirm your second one, because for me what i have on artboards works perfectly too and everything is keeped as is... so maybe you have something more...

So i think this problem is fixed, but i will do some more tests.

Hey Matt you genius --- just noticed you've also fixed the multiple strokes issue ----- we can now have multiple strokes outside a vector container ACE

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 17.02.56.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

13 minutes ago, joel_ec said:

I'm perfectly aware of this , but IIRc 1.7.0.6 was released a week ago.... so please read carefully what is written before replying...

… but we now are on 1.7.0.7. „Read carefully“ the prerelease thread – to cite your words. :) :)

• Staff
1 hour ago, joel_ec said:

Here (1.7.0.5 on el capitan) is still say me I have the newest version available

Unusually 1.7.0.6 was never put onto autoupdate because it was file incompatible with other parallel customer betas (Photo and Publisher), and until those were released it was not suitable for interchange across the range as explained here. That is no longer true, so 1.7.0.5 will update to 1.7.0.7 soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
3 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

… but we now are on 1.7.0.7. „Read carefully“ the prerelease thread – to cite your words. :) :)

not helpful or relevant. Please stop

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

9 minutes ago, dcarvalho84 said:

Can't confirm your second one, because for me what i have on artboards works perfectly too and everything is keeped as is... so maybe you have something more...

So i think this problem is fixed, but i will do some more tests.

The test I ran on Artboards included a raster illustration and photo with blend range edits as well as vector information so I set the save to PDF settings at default (rasterise unsupported properties) and it just rasterises everything - I mentioned it on the forum earlier in the week - they said it's a known problem

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Also tested a job set up as Art boards ----- everything still gets rasterised ------ no worries I'll convert my Art boards as single pages till it's fixed

Unless already provided elsewhere, please make a new thread and provide the file (or part of the file) that does this, and state the PDF setting you are using to export

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Unless already provided elsewhere, please make a new thread and provide the file (or part of the file) that does this, and state the PDF setting you are using to export

Sean P mentioned that it was a known issue with art boards and came up with the work around of copy pasting into single pages

see thread below

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Sean P mentioned that it was a known issue with art boards and came up with the work around of copy pasting into single pages

I will check if that is meant to have been fixed by the change in 1.7.0.7 or not. Sorry I should have checked first.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

15 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I will check if that is meant to have been fixed by the change in 1.7.0.7 or not. Sorry I should have checked first.

No worries Patrick I have total faith in you guys.

Have an ACE weekend boss

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

It‘s the First Time I have Problems with a Beta Version, actualy I can‘t use the Pencils whether on draw persona nor on Pixel persona , I reseted all, but  nothing helps ! sorry maybe someone can help me.

1 hour ago, scampolo said:

It‘s the First Time I have Problems with a Beta Version, actualy I can‘t use the Pencils whether on draw persona nor on Pixel persona , I reseted all, but  nothing helps ! sorry maybe someone can help me.

Just asking the obvious here: Do you have a layer in the document? 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

When switching the UI style from dark to light, it appears that the "place arrow" and "swap arrow" icons do not change contrast. They're not visible unless selected.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.