You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

I just bought Affinity Designer and played around with some icons and other simple stuff while I was on the go with my laptop. I put them all in an asset library to have them well organized.

Now at home I wonder if there is any method to sync my assets (and color palettes) between multiple devices/installations? But to be honest as this is much data to sync if Affinity would provide such a feature I doubt it.

But the I came up with another more realistic idea. Is there any option to auto export and import assets on closing and opening the application? Because then i could use some other tool like Resilio Sync to sync those exported assets between the devices and I would have access to the latest version of my assets on any installation.

So do you know any method (official/workaround) to sync this stuff between multiple devices?

Thanks in advance

BR

Tim

2 hours ago, GabrielM said:

If you navigate to those folders, you should be able to copy and paste the .propcol files. 

But that would not provide a sync-like function to merge different versions of the Assets & Color palettes on multiple devices into a single set of versions that are identical on all of them, right?

IOW, if the laptop has a few assets that the other computer does not, & likewise the other computer has a few not on the laptop, then the extras on one or the other would be lost, depending on which one the files were copied from.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Not really. We do not have any "sync" functions. This only works to bring everything in line with a "master" workstation. But any delta information ( info that's on a slave but not on a master) will be deleted when you paste the "master" propcol. 

Hi @GabrielM & @R C-R,

Thank you for your responses and suggestion and sry for my delayed reply.

Ill have a look at it!
Based on your messages I think this could be a solution for me because I wont work on both machines without syncing between. But Ill look at it and try to understand what the file is used for and how I can use it.

Seems like a great entry point figuring out a workaround. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

+1

I have a neat assets lib for our applications which makes me able to quickly mock up a screen. I add assets regularly.

I have a collegue who should be able to use the same assets, so that we remain consistent in designs of all of our screens.

It would therefore be very useful to sync assets from/to a single network resource (google drive, network drive, ...)

• 2 weeks later...