You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to zoom at 100% with mouse

Is it possible to set the zoom levels to a more logical values? for example, I'm 150%, move the mouse and I obtain 150->120->96... if I have a 103% and go down with the mouse I obtain 82%.

could be possible to make normal zoom levels? at least that the zoom stop in some basic zoom levels like 100%, 150%, 200%, 50% and not only in random numbers? because the program make different zoom levels if you use the mouse or the zoom tool.

With the mouse

100-125-156-195

with the zoom tool

100-150-200-250

So, if I use the zoom tool to make zoom, and I use the mouse to go back after paint something I obtain

100->150->200->make operations->160->128->102->82

Edited by Alberto

When you talk about zooming with the mouse, do you mean zooming with a mouse scroll wheel, dragging the slider in the Navigation panel, or something else?

If you mean the scroll wheel, the amount of zooming is determined by the mouse driver & OS level sensitivity settings, sometimes called 'scrolling speed' or something similar in system preferences or any device-specific software that is provided with the mouse. For some of the latter, this can be set on a per app basis; if not it will apply system-wide for all apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Alberto, that sounds good, but what if I want to stop at 103?  With a stop at 100 I probably wouldn't be able to get to 103.  You can already hit cmd 1 to get 100%, cmd 2 to get 200%, etc.  Seeing as zooms can go to a few million % that could make quite a few stops.  Just a thought.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

On 3/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, R C-R said:

When you talk about zooming with the mouse, do you mean zooming with a mouse scroll wheel, dragging the slider in the Navigation panel, or something else?

If you mean the scroll wheel, the amount of zooming is determined by the mouse driver & OS level sensitivity settings, sometimes called 'scrolling speed' or something similar in system preferences or any device-specific software that is provided with the mouse. For some of the latter, this can be set on a per app basis; if not it will apply system-wide for all apps.

Affinity Photo doesn't change the zoom level by the changes in the OS sensitivity

On 3/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, Gear maker said:

Alberto, that sounds good, but what if I want to stop at 103?  With a stop at 100 I probably wouldn't be able to get to 103.  You can already hit cmd 1 to get 100%, cmd 2 to get 200%, etc.  Seeing as zooms can go to a few million % that could make quite a few stops.  Just a thought.

I don't see any reason why somebody want to make zoom at 103 instead of 100 and deform all pixels. An I think that mostly users will want to zoom to 100%. But at least give the user the option to put 100% without the keyboard or search in the interface

On 3/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, Gear maker said:

Alberto, that sounds good, but what if I want to stop at 103?  With a stop at 100 I probably wouldn't be able to get to 103.

If you feel you need an exact percentage you can enter the value in the box next to the zoom slider in the Navigation Panel.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

3 hours ago, Alberto said:

Affinity Photo doesn't change the zoom level by the changes in the OS sensitivity

As I said, if you mean zooming with the scroll wheel, it does.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

13 minutes ago, Alberto said:

I have change the sensibility in windows config and don't change nothing. Anyway, it's not a properly way to decide.

On Mac systems it does change. AFAIK there is nothing that individual apps can do about that. Sometimes the device driver has provisions for different scroll speeds for different apps, but that isn't the same thing anyway -- the rate is still not determined by the app but by the device driver & the OS.

Affinity Photo