You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've tried using the search tool on the forums... but I get lots of results that have nothing to do with the Publisher Beta. So, my question is: 

Does Affinity Publisher support embedding video files? I realize that there is some information regarding Affinity's current limited ability to import a variety of file types. But, are there plans to support placing video (and, dare I say it) animated GIFs/PNGs inside a document for export to interactive PDF?

1 minute ago, bryan said:

are you able to expound on why this is not something Affinity is planning to support?

No, they have enough irons in the fire right now. This has been asked for and the reply is not not ever but it is not now.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

There has never been a firm indication that this will never happen, and the Affinity team has definitely expressed an interest in adding electronic publishing features to Publisher later on down the road, but I definitely would not be expecting this in the first release.

No doubt. I am definitely willing to be patient ad infinitum with Affinity... but would like to find the right place to voice my desire to support interactive PDF... maybe I should be focusing my effort on influencing ISO to re-imagine use cases for the interactive PDF.