You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APUB 1.7.0.257, OS X 10.13.6

I have a 2-page spread of some 140 pages so far. The setup for pages is a master page is assigned with page numbers and section names. Then a picture frame with a photo of lowered opacity is applied either to a single page or spanning two pages. This frame is arranged "to back" so that the master page numbers and sections will appear, and then other smaller picture frames with 100% opacity photos, including text frames are placed on top of all of that.

I inserted a TOC on page 3. Then the weirdness happened. The pages after the TOC page were affected: the recto pages all had a full-sized picture frame with a picture that had been moved to the "back" so that the master page numbers and sections would show. Note that each separate verso/recto page had its own "at back" picture frame with photo and only the recto pages had this problem.

On about 50 of those pages all of the full-sized picture frames had been moved one step to the front - thereby hiding the master's page numbers, etc. Then, in another section of pages following those, the full-sized "at back" picture frames were single frames that spanned two pages (verso and recto). The smaller photos on the verso pages were moved back one level (I think "to back") and had the same (incorrect) opacity as the background picture frame. This caused the separate photos on that page to be grayed-out behind the full-page picture frame. Each of these problems had to be corrected manually - selecting the page picture frame and moving "to back" or moving the verso page picture frame out of the way and moving the smaller photos "to front" then moving the full-page frame back into place.

In yet another section that follows, the verso small picture frame photos and text had all been moved "to back" and were hidden rather than grayed-out.

Finally, the last section of some 8 pages was fine - no changes or problems.

Stab in the dark here... are you using the section names for the Table of Contents? I ask because of the final 8 pages being fine.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question, no. I am using "headings" styles to feed the TOC. Section names are only used on the Master pages so that they show up on every page.

Since the latest build (1.7.0.283) I have not seen the problem recur.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.45.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.46.32 AM.png

34 minutes ago, thetasig said:

Since the latest build (1.7.0.283) I have not seen the problem recur.

So what ever type bug you had has been fixed cured, that is good.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.