1 hour ago, Alasdair Gillespie said:

When cropping, the 'straighten tool' takes too long to appear on the photograph you want to straighten!  Sometimes it fails to appear. Most annoying!  MacBook Pro  10.14.3

It comes up instantly as soon as I hit the Command key. It works right away as well. Might be due to difference in our OSes.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.1 | Affinity Photo 1.7.1 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.1 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.146 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.422

GabrielM

My apologies for not replying sooner!  Lately, I have not been able to reproduce the 'straightening' tool problem.  My Affinity Photo is 1.7.0 and my Mac Operating System is 10.14.5.  Thank you for the links for reporting a bug.  My original description of the bug is, as was described in my original post.  Perhaps the computer just needed a restart?

In future I will, should I encounter a 'bug', use the protocol in the link.

I was personally disappointed to see a link to 'Unsplash', the Stock website.  While it's choice, if photographers don't put a value on their work, no one else will.  Unsplash undermines those photographers who are attempting to earn a living from their work.  I don't think Affinity should encourage such a thing.  Are your programs free?

Thanks

Alasdair Gillespie

8 minutes ago, Alasdair Gillespie said:

I was personally disappointed to see a link to 'Unsplash', the Stock website.  While it's choice, if photographers don't put a value on their work, no one else will.  Unsplash undermines those photographers who are attempting to earn a living from their work.  I don't think Affinity should encourage such a thing.  Are your programs free?

Discussed here:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)