You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets Panel completely broken

I made the mistake of clicking on the minimization arrow in the Assets Panel because I didn't want to see a sub-Category. Now I cannot open any of the Asset sub-categories, and I need to access something there!

I've tried going to Window > Studio, and removing the Window from view & re-adding. I've tried resetting the studio view. I can select nothing in the Assets panel aside from the options and the dropdown to select another category.

I've also tried restarting my computer. I'm out of ideas on how to get these to open again. Help!

Running Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.257 on MacOS 10.14.3.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.01.43.png

This is an known issue. I hope serif will fix it in the next beta. 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

On 3/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, dsnaps12 said:

Check out the updated beta. 1.7.0.7. I think this is fixed. I don't have this issue on Mac OS 10.14.2

I checked for an update and it said I was on the latest. However, my Assets panel still won't open. :-(

18 hours ago, Loquos said:

I checked for an update and it said I was on the latest. However, my Assets panel still won't open. :-(

18 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Loquos,
The latest version isn't available yet on auto-update, but you can download it from here.

That's why it would be helpful if the auto-update showed the the full beta version number, not only a truncated one.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.