You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A few ideas...

Hello, I have few ideas for you. 

1. more, more moooore keyboard shortcuts (best for everything! :-) - easier way to define shortcut with RM?  Click on something (f.e. button of making selection from path - open dialog for defining shortcut f.e. Ctr+Enter on NPad)

2. filling with BG and FG color: Alt+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace, fill only over existing pixels depend on its opacity Shift +Alt+Backspace, Shift + Ctrl+Backspace 

3. increase /decrease brush size/hardness with mouse (like in PS or Krita Ctrl+Alt+drag RM)

4. set selection from layer and add selection from other layer with shift? it is possible to do it through quick mask, but it's not so comfortable.

5. in quick mask: gradient fill

6. quick mask displaying with invert colors and option to change color of QM

7. for last filter repeat  with dialog window for its adjust  (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F)

8. BG and FG color in one column's tools panel

9. shortcuts for macros, without change tool after execution macro

10. option for toggling between tools with Shift, or disable toggling

11. moving selection while making (space), option for add selection (shift) instead of LM+RM

12. checkers when transparent BG (maybe wrong displaying white only for me?)

13. lock layers not only for transform and move, but for painting too

Have a good days!

Klababa

Edited by Klababa

5 hours ago, Klababa said:

3. increase /decrease brush size/hardness with mouse (like in PS or Krita Ctrl+Alt+drag RM)

On Windows: Alt+Left-Mouse+Right-Mouse: drag right/left to adjust size; up/down to adjust hardness. Something similar (but different, I think) works on Mac, too.

10. option for toggling between tools with Shift, or disable toggling

Check the 1.7 beta versions. There's a Preference to require use of Shift for switching between tools that have the same shortcut. That option also disables the behavior that repeating the shortcut for a tool such as the Move tool switches you to the previously chosen tool.

12. checkers when transparent BG (maybe wrong displaying white only for me?)

One other user was having a problem with that. It turned out they had their monitor brightness set too high.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

On Windows: Alt+Left-Mouse+Right-Mouse: drag right/left to adjust size; up/down to adjust hardness. Something similar (but different, I think) works on Mac, too.

Check the 1.7 beta versions. There's a Preference to require use of Shift for switching between tools that have the same shortcut. That option also disables the behavior that repeating the shortcut for a tool such as the Move tool switches you to the previously chosen tool.

One other user was having a problem with that. It turned out they had their monitor brightness set too high.

ad1) Thank you! Perfect!

ad2) I like to hear it's coming :-)

ad3) Haha! Yes! Exactly as you said! Strange that highest contrast shows grey and white color as same.

Klababa

10 hours ago, Jörn Reppenhagen said:

3) Or (suggestion for Windows): Alt + Mousewheel changes the size, Alt + Shift + Mousewheel changes the hardness. Far more natural.

Hello, thank you for advice, but this doesn't work for me.