You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text selection bug on beta .257

Is it possible that you have overlapping Text Frames?

What happens if you select the frame using the Layers panel instead of trying to click on the page?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

58 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Is it possible that you have overlapping Text Frames?

What happens if you select the frame using the Layers panel instead of trying to click on the page?

Not overlapping in my case. Clicking on the frame in the Layers palette is fine, but the moment you go to double-click on a word or select a paragraph a different frame will often suddenly become the selected frame.

5 minutes ago, DesignStationYT said:

Not overlapping in my case. Clicking on the frame in the Layers palette is fine, but the moment you go to double-click on a word or select a paragraph a different frame will often suddenly become the selected frame.

Interesting. Can you upload a sample .afpub file that demonstrates this?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

6 minutes ago, DesignStationYT said:

Document is in rough shape right now and I'm on deadline to wrap it up... but here's a video where you can see the issue in action.

Text_Frame.mov

Sorry, but I would need the document in order to help. Perhaps someone else will be able to offer assistance based on the video.

-- Walt
PC:

verified this minor bug in build ...0.257 on my system too. Mac OS 10.12.6 

1. created text frame box - type in content

2. hold down alt & drag to dupe contents

3. clicking off-text but in the text frame exhibits the behavior.

see screen captures illustrating problem and enclosed .afpub too

bottom text box selected.jpeg

click in same text box selects box above.jpeg

home-layout.afpub

On 3/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, DesignStationYT said:

Clicking on the frame in the Layers palette is fine, but the moment you go to double-click on a word or select a paragraph a different frame will often suddenly become the selected frame.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:41 AM, bbwd said:

I'm getting the same 'select one text box but another gets selected' issue since the latest build was installed. Seems to happen with the Frame Text Tool selected.

Question 1: Does this happen only in documents newly created in Beta 257?

Question 2: Are both of you seeing the problem only intermittently?

Just FYI: Using Beta 257 on MacOS 10.13.6 I have not been able to replicate the problem in old documents or in new documents.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

2 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

Just FYI: Using Beta 257 on MacOS 10.13.6 I have not been able to replicate the problem in old documents or in new documents.

Answers

Question 1:

Upon brief testing it appears not to happen in documents newly created in Beta 257 when I start completely from scratch.

But if I create a new document but then copy and paste text boxes from a document created in a previous beta it still happens but only with those text boxes. It does not happen with a new text box.

Question 2:

If I open a document created in a previous beta it happens all the time. If I create a new document then it appears not to happen.

I hadn't noticed it not happening in newly created documents because I actually hadn't created a totally new document since Beta 257 was released. I had been using a 'template' I use for the jobs I was doing in Publisher.

I am using Beta 257 on an iMac running macOS 10.13.6 as well.

He never fails to achieve new heights in being stupid...

2 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

Have you tried the Test document I attached to my first post to see if you can replicate the problem?

1 hour ago, cubesquareredux said:

Yes, I did (see below), but was unable to replicate.

image.png.a8c1d3006982dfbe87332dc2bd3a66ce.png

This is one that not everyone suffers from then. I will have to see if it s the same on my MacBook Pro.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.