You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline view bug

Using the latest beta, it seems like some of the multiple vector brush strokes don't get rendered out to keyline/outline view, yielding a hybrid rendering. Check out the attached file. Compare regular vector/pixel view mode versus outline/keyline view mode to see what I mean.

Brush Outline view bug.afdesign

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I don't have the style you made but that seems to be the thing, if I change the style then it shows 'correctly' in outline mode but your style applied to anything else causes the bug to rear its head.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I also just noticed that the two Stroke weights are diff as identified by the Stroke vs Appearance studios.... ???

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.49.28 PM.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Ronnieb,

Thanks for the file. It appears as though the stroke size is being caused by the Scale with object checkbox. The appearance Panel isn't recognising this and showing the old value. I'll get these both passed on to development.

Thanks for letting us know!

On 3/14/2019 at 4:56 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Ronnieb,

Thanks for the file. It appears as though the stroke size is being caused by the Scale with object checkbox. The appearance Panel isn't recognising this and showing the old value. I'll get these both passed on to development.

Thanks for letting us know!

Confirming it's been fixed in latest beta

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.