You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export Bleed option > with preset options

Hi,

Sorry if it's already mentioned, but the bleed option would be more logical in the preset, in or near the print options, since exporting a PDF with bleed but no crop mark or such things don't seems logical (at least at this hour, after long hours of work, and with half a brain! :P )

2019-03-13_224656.png.46abaae12d85dbe11821116127631ac9.png

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

Sorry if it's already mentioned, but the bleed option would be more logical in the preset, in or near the print options, since exporting a PDF with bleed but no crop mark or such things don't seems logical...

Personally, I dislike the More Button concept/execution. So yes, there ought to be a bit more logical arrangement for some of the items.

As regards bleed and no marks...as a former pre-press person, I neither need nor necessarily want all the so-called Printer's Marks enabled. We, and any print service that uses something other than a PDF reader/editor to image from, remove them anyway as part of the imposition process. Some POD institutions also request no marks.

But as always, check with whomever is going to do the printing.

Mike

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Personally, I dislike the More Button concept/execution

I also think that this is rather clunky. I would rather have the More button extend the window to the bottom to reveal more of the current window and have all these options moved there.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Same as you.

I'd rather have an export panel as in AP and AD, where I find them wonderfull, making preset and being able to choose one and modify an option with a scroll and a click.

Perhaps it's not suited for documents with pages...

@MikeW

I didn't know about not needing or deleting the marks. I suppose since none of our printers complain or ask different options, that's ok.

(I can't delete this bottom line on my phone... I'll edit later)

MikeW

2 hours ago, Wosven said:

I'd rather have an export panel as in AP and AD, where I find them wonderfull

I would love to have it too. In fact I have suggested that this facility be added to Publisher long time ago.

Imagine being able to set up various PDF export options, one for low quality export for proofing, another print ready and being able to specify the directory to save to would just be wonderful.

However, there is room for both.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.