You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Always crashes when pasting from Gmail in Chrome

Every single time I paste text from Gmail that contains line breaks combined with multiple types of formatting (Bold, italics, etc...) into a text box, Publisher will crash. This only happens when copying from Chrome, as pasting the same text from other sources seems stable. The current beta doesn't seem to like Gmail on Chrome much...

@JFisher  Unfortunately, that won't help you replicate the problem. Like I said in the original post, it is not the text itself, it is from where it is being copied from that is causing the crash. Copying the exact same text from other programs and conditions works fine.

I think the best way for me to get you something workable would be to send you the message to a Gmail account you have access to. The conditions to make the crash happen seem to be very specific. 

I've attached a video showing how this is happening. I am copying and pasting using keyboard shortcuts [cmd + c] and [cmd + v]. Publisher closes at the exact moment I paste.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.