A quick search and I couldn't find anything.

There should be a way to easily export a selected embedded document.

This is especially important when you have to share open files with colleagues who need to use assets in other software or suites. Many web developers I work with require the original images I use in my layouts - so the can set up their websites to automatically crop and treat images in the same manner.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

A quick search and I couldn't find anything.

There should be a way to easily export a selected embedded document.

This is especially important when you have to share open files with colleagues who need to use assets in other software or suites. Many web developers I work with require the original images I use in my layouts - so the can set up their websites to automatically crop and treat images in the same manner.

Hi @Izzy,

I am not quite sure if this is what you are looking for. If you double click on an embedded document it should open in a seperate tab. From there you can do a 'Save as...' and then close the tab again. (I'm not at my Affinity computer right now so I can't try before posting. But I know it has worked for me that way several times).

d.

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.39 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.330

Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

29 minutes ago, dominik said:

If you double click on an embedded document it should open in a seperate tab. From there you can do a 'Save as...'

No, you can't
But you can export as pdf or use the export persona to have all images reside in a folder that you could share.
I made a request once to have this option be available to make changes to embedded/linked files in the seperate tab and have it saved
Alas no response from Serif whatsoever 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

1 minute ago, haakoo said:

No, you can't
But you can export as pdf or use the export persona to have all images reside in a folder that you could share.

Sorry for posting wrong information. I'll do a check later today.
d.

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.39 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.330

Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

56 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Alas no response from Serif whatsoever

As they have stated elsewhere, Serif staff usually do not comment on or respond to feature requests.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

I know,just thought to make it seen once again ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 hours ago, haakoo said:

I made a request once to have this option be available to make changes to embedded/linked files in the seperate tab and have it saved

Back at the Affinity computer. Thanks for linking to your original post.

I now can recall what I had in mind (and what worked for me in the past). I double clicked on an embedded document to open it in a new tab. Then I copied everything, pasted into a new document ('New From Clipboard') and saved under a new name.

I did this more in a rescue situation than in a productive workflow. I admit this is a rather cumbersome way to export embedded for what the OP is asking. In this context this request does makes sense :)

d.

I double clicked on an embedded document to open it in a new tab. Then I copied everything, pasted into a new document

I did this with logos before, it works as a temporary fix.

But this feature does not work at all with embedded jpg, png or other 'export' files.

Maybe +1 my request will get more attention by the developers and/or users.