Sign in to follow this  
mshustov

How can I create vector brushes?

Hi! 

I have a Pretty stupid question. how can I create vector brushes in affinity designer?  I mean in adobe illustrator I can make a vector brush round or ellipse and rotate it in any direction, but I can’t seem to find this feature in affinity designer . Is it there? I can create simple round brush and I can create brushes from PNG files, but I can’t seem to find any settings to tweak simple round brush, because brushes  created from PNG file are basically raster brushes not vector brushes . Sorry for my English 

BA9D0572-E19F-48D0-A5C6-F499C081A941.png

0AA7B6F0-1055-4C1A-BD72-FBB5AB85242F.png

You’ll find some useful info in the Help file (PDF version here). 

Also, long press on a brush in vector brush menu, tap edit to see range of adjustments.

619D04CB-DFA1-4005-B42D-5D99229E8E25.png

B796AEDF-F7A8-42A5-9BC7-DB534DB8CEF4.png

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Hello! Thanks for the reply. You showed me raster brush settings. Vector brush based on raster  image.

I asked about true vector brushes settings. There are no settings except for size and opacity

Hi mshustov,
Affinity Designer's vector brush engine isn't as much developed as the the raster based one (in Pixel Persona). Currently it's not possible to create "true" vector based brushes other than what's possible with the options you find out (including using raster textures/images as sources for them). The vector brush engine should be improved/expanded later to offer "true" vector brushes similar to what we have for our raster brush engine in Pixel Persona (in Affinity Designer) and Affinity Photo.