You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Helvetica Neue not recognised during pdf export

Helvetica Neue Light is being converted into garbage during the export to pdf process.

The same is also happening with Helvetica Neue Bold

Helvetica Neue Thin is fine – I haven't tested other weights.

There maybe a conflict within the programme with other versions of Helvetica that I run which also have the style designations of Light and Bold...

I don't have this problem with other programmes and I have run all fonts thru Font Doctor (latest) with no problems found, so I suspect this is specific to Publisher.
I am enclosing an example pdf.

Airport P3801-1.pdf

What is the source of these fonts?
The font names in the PDF do not correspond to either the LT Std or LT Pro fonts.
So I am wondering if these are a bad conversion or some other source.
Often these fonts have naming problems within the fonts which can cause conflicts.
There are no naming issues with the LT Std fonts that I have; don't know about the LT Pro fonts.

The only way anyone can troubleshoot this issue is to have the actual fonts and a test doc.
The first thing I would do is look at the entire font family to see if there are any naming issues.
Simply fixing the font names may eliminate the problem.

The APub devs will need the fonts and a test doc.

Recently they made changes to how the fonts are read - it has been mentioned in a few other posts.
So I am wondering if that change has affected the reading of these fonts causing some conflicts which corrupt the font cache.
If it were me the first thing I would look at is the fonts themselves.
And other fonts in the family which could be a potential conflict.

What you might try is to only have just the few fonts you are actually using installed.
If the Light font works when installed alone this points to a conflict.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi both,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you please test this in the latest beta and see if it's still an issue? If it is,  attach the afpub file, and the font files in question we can have a look for you. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.