BluestarCK

Colour change when exporting Lanczos 3 NS as tiff file

So I like the results when I use Lanczos 3 non-separable to downsize or convert my photos. When I save as a Tiff file the colour shifts to an ugly greenish tint. Using jpeg seems to work on my new computer but using an older computer the colour shifts even using jpegs.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

What I would like is to see my photos as they appear in Affinity Photo after I export them (nice and sharp) so I can get a print or file for a projection system.

Any help appreciated.

7 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @BluestarCK,

So that we are able to investigate bugs thoroughly could you please follow this link and update this post with the followings: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/38-bugs-in-affinity-designer-affinity-photo/

Thanks,

Gabe

OK thank you, I'm using the latest version of Affinity Photo and Windows 10. After some experimenting I've found that it depends on which viewer I'm using. Windows 10 has 2 viewers, Windows Photo Viewer which works well. When I use the default Photo Viewer I get the green cast. Also when I open file explorer the Thumbnail looks ok but when using the preview window I get a green cast.

Also my Photo Club uses 2 computers for a Projected Images competition. The new computer seems to be ok but the older computer has the same green cast. So I think this has something to do with color space. The pictures below show the 2 different photo viewers. By the way Photo Viewer is the newest Viewer, the older Windows Photo Viewer is the one that works.

Lanczos 3 Non Separable Photo Viewer Tiff.jpg

Lanczos 3 Non Separable Windows Photo Viewer Tiff.jpg

They are probably not colour managed. So if you're using a different ICC profile for that photo, most preview software will not colour manage it. Can you please zip and attach one jpeg here?

Create a new document in affinity, with a white background. Do you see it as White or greenish/yellowish? 

14 hours ago, GabrielM said:

They are probably not colour managed. So if you're using a different ICC profile for that photo, most preview software will not colour manage it. Can you please zip and attach one jpeg here?

Create a new document in affinity, with a white background. Do you see it as White or greenish/yellowish? 

Thank you for responding. I think I've figured it out. When I work in Lightroom 6 I'm using ProPhoto for colour managment, when I choose Edit in Affinity Photo it opens the file as a ProPhoto file. When I export the file in Affinity it doesn't give me the option of choosing what color space to use (which Lightroom does). So I have to convert the picture to srgb before I export it which doesn't seem right to me, unless I'm missing something.

9 hours ago, GabrielM said:

By default, when you export a file, it exports using the document profile. You can change this at export if you want. 

image.png

Thanks, yes I just discovered the More button duh! Don't know how I missed that.