You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repositioning the grid

Dear Collective Wisdom,

I'm on Affinity Designer beta v1.7.0.4. I installed AD beta v1.7 because one of the new features is a way to re-position the grid. I tried it (it worked! yay!), but now I can't remember how I did it (should've written myself a note). 

In the attached file, the "0,0" point is in the upper left corner of the art board. However, in this drawing I'd like to put the horizontal "0" point at the center. That'd help me see at a glance whether horizontal lines were winding up where they should. 

TIA for help refreshing my memory on this.

basement next try.afdesign

Thanks to fde101 for the reminder that all I have to do to change grid 0,0 position is to drag the upper left corner of the ruler. 

I'll add that finding the "grid and snapping axis" window was also helpful. I'd gone to that window before, but had not selected "Show axis editing handles". With that selected, I was able to do more fine tuning for my grid. 

I'm glad to see "Lock Guides" has been added. I was going nuts trying to select an item to move it, and winding up moving a nearby guide line instead. Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.