wulkanat

[By Design] Negation Blend Mode causing white lines between certain objects

What I was trying to do is create an image in different grey shades, and then apply color afterward using one layer with a color of my choosing, which then leaves me with shades of that color and its complement.

What I found however was that for the edges where the two complementary colors hit, I get a very ugly white line, similar to when I put two rectangles next to each other without joining them, this also is really prominent in the file output and gets worse the lower the resolution is, so I'd suspect it's an AA bug.

The most prominent it is with a white object on top of a black object, and then another object with the blend mode set to negate and saturation of around 35 and luminosity around 50.

This issue not only occurs on PC, but also on my iPad. I tested both the current version of Designer as well as the latest beta. This issue also appears in Affinity Photo, but only in some cases, most prominently with any shape drawn with the pen tool. Also the exact same issue occurs with the difference blend mode, it's just that I get black lines instead of white.

Annotation 2019-03-12 225114.jpg

Annotation 2019-03-12 225141.jpg

Annotation 2019-03-12 225246.jpg

Annotation 2019-03-12 225233.jpg

WhiteLines.afdesign

I've had a look and that is the correct behaviour. Something similar happens when using "difference". Nothing wrong, but just how the blending mode works on anti-aliased zones. I've also had a look at Photoshop and it works exactly the same. 

I've closed this issue as "by design".