You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.0.24606)

Hi MEB, yes that does help by not having to go to the panel, but I'm talking about a situation where I don't have to press x because the app detects there is no stroke and already made the fill active. So I just select a colour and go.  I'm talking about situations where I either only have a fill or only have a stroke, not both. If I have an object with both a stroke and a fill already, the usual workflow applies.

Hello, it seems to be a bug with Affinity Designer Beta in the Help on a french OS X system (tested on Yosemite): clicking on topics don't respond. Here is a video that describe the bug (the first part display the good behavior, in the Mac App Store version):

https://vimeo.com/125863260

(I have posted about a similar bug on Affinity Photo beta in the right forum).

• Staff

Not today, sorry... I changed a lot of things to enable something we needed for Affinity Photo and have only put them back into our codebase this morning so we need to ensure that I've not broken anything along the way! Patience, my friend... Patience ;)

• Staff

what includes a lot? What did you need for AP? :)

It's something that would appear to be trivial - letting our fill tool work on raster selections so that you can add gradients to arbitrary pixel areas, but in reality it's much harder than you'd imagine because of the way things work internally. Hopefully you'll never see any side-effects, you'll just suddenly be able to use the fill tool on raster objects and raster selections... It's still being worked through at the moment, so not ready yet...

Thanks for reporting it @Andreas Larsen. Issue logged to be looked at.

Cheers, would be great if the text was automatically highlighted when you create a new slice, so the workflow could be:

drag out a new slice -> cmd+v (or type) -> click return

so you wouldn't have to move the mouse away from slicing at all

Hello, 

Really wondering why the affinity apps "Designer" and also currently "Photos" don't follow the conventional mac UI open window/document switching standard, it would make cycling through multiple open documents a whole lot faster and easier.

For example with a program, like safari and photoshop one would just press "Command + `" to cycle through open documents which has been an OSX standard for as long as I can remember.

This should also reflect in the "Window" menu displaying multiple open documents to select through.

I like the current tabs implementation for switching between documents, however, sometimes i just rather do it the standard mac UI way as I would think most people would too?

post-414-0-84116500-1430299932_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hello, 

Really wondering why the affinity apps "Designer" and also currently "Photos" don't follow the conventional mac UI open window/document switching standard, it would make cycling through multiple open documents a whole lot faster and easier.

For example with a program, like safari and photoshop one would just press "Command + `" to cycle through open documents which has been an OSX standard for as long as I can remember.

This should also reflect in the "Window" menu displaying multiple open documents to select through.

I like the current tabs implementation for switching between documents, however, sometimes i just rather do it the standard mac UI way as I would think most people would too?

See here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/8142-affinity-photo-public-beta-12024665/?p=34637

• Staff

Swatch with no name doesn’t get listed in the dropdown. See attachment.

Edit: + Use eyedropper doesn’t work because when clicking the color it actually clicks the gradient controls underneath.

The eye dropper doesn't work when swatches is selected! This has been fixed for the beta as of this morning. ;)

It looks like there's a bug with that flyout where it doesn't list document palettes! I will look into that because it really should.  :(

Hello,

This has been bugging me for a little while now, while selecting a tool within a tool group or a popup menu extension that is active, a palette floating near it will always show above it, hence anything you're currently trying to select ends up getting obscured and unable to select the item/option until the palette is moved out of the way. Is there a planned fix for this, unfortunately this seems to be affecting Photo beta users too.

post-414-0-26131300-1430302757_thumb.jpg

Hello,

This has been bugging me for a little while now, while selecting a tool within a tool group or a popup menu extension that is active, a palette floating near it will always show above it, hence anything you're currently trying to select ends up getting obscured and unable to select the item/option until the palette is moved out of the way. Is there a planned fix for this, unfortunately this seems to be affecting Photo beta users too.

I reported this behaviour quite a while ago. No fix yet :(

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

I don't know if it's isolated to the beta but outlined strokes with dashed style shows all sorts of glitches depending on shapes and settings. 

The only workout is currently to expand the stroke, and then switch to inline stroke but is no good because it's destructive :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.