You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicate object around a circle

Hello affinity community,

I wanna create a sun symbol with triangles as sunbeams. 

Is there a way to duplicate objects around the circle?

I found this video, but it describes the solution in illustrator.

Thanks for your help,

Robin

I am in need of such a tool, which could allow duplicating an object by rotating it around a selectable point a selectable amount of degrees. But as far as I know, there is no such tool (yet!) in Affinity Designer.

As a workaround, you could use the so-called "Power Duplicate Method". This means you should perform the following steps:

1. Create your first triangle;

2. Select it then press (on a Mac) cmd+J (Edit -> Duplicate). This would create a copy of the initial object, placed on top of it;

3. Select the duplicate, drag it and position it manually where you would want it to be;

4. Make sure you have this second object selected (the duplicate) and press cmd+J again (Edit -> Duplicate).

This would automatically produce another object as the first one, but placed following the rule you described when constructing the second.

See this short video for further clarification:

I'm somehow new to Affinity Designer myself, I hope I explained it clear enough. :)

Good luck!