Posted (edited)

I have a couple of issues with the rulers.

The first is that they are very narrow. Is there a way to change this?

The second is that, when I have zoomed in very close to a portion of the image, the rulers expand as they should.At the zoom level I'm at right now the ruler has expanded to show the inch and half inch marks which are labeled. I Can just barely see the quarter-inch marks.Between them there are 16 spaces which means the marks are 1/64" apart which is great from an accuracy standpoint but, way above what I need and is overkill especially since I can't identify which 64th" I'm looking at.

Is there any setting that would limit the spacing between the marks at 1/16"?

Going one step further, is there a way to pick two points on the image and have the X and Y dimensions between them displayed somewhere on the image?

Thanks, Jim Birke

Edited by jameslbirke

Hi jameslbirke,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there's way to change the width of the rulers currently, nor change the markings/spacings on them. I'll move this thread to the Feature Requests and Feedback section now, so our devs can consider changing this is a future build!

1 hour ago, jameslbirke said:

Going one step further, is there a way to pick two points on the image and have the X and Y dimensions between them displayed somewhere on the image?

We've had multiple requests for a measurement tool that would achieve this, but we have no eta for this feature currently. You can hold down the CTRL key (with the Move Tool selected) to measure distances between objects on page however, as below -

871f5eacd0ce16592ca70149847cc27e.gif

That looks like your measuring the distance between two separate objects on the same image not the distance between two places on the same image.

Jim Birke

On 3/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, jameslbirke said:

You can glance at the Transform Studio but that is only for one at a time.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.128 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12