You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke changed appearance (split)

Hello to all!
Something strange is happening with the stroke, with the scale it changes its appearance, I made a small video that would be understandable. Also, buttons for selecting the connection of corners are jammed, you have to look for a place where it is active.

2 minutes ago, Tatyana said:

Something strange is happening with the stroke, with the scale it changes its appearance

It’s probably something to do with the precision of the mitre limit. Try increasing it a little.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Tatyana said:

Hello to all!
Something strange is happening with the stroke, with the scale it changes its appearance, I made a small video that would be understandable. Also, buttons for selecting the connection of corners are jammed, you have to look for a place where it is active.

Bump up the mitre limit. It's just one of those things that seasoned Affinity users know how to fix! ;)

1 hour ago, >|< said:

Увеличение хода предела митры от значения по умолчанию квадратного корня из 2 (1,414) до 10, например.

Thank you very much, it helped, I put the miter on 10 :)

5 minutes ago, evtonic3 said:

On this subject, I would like to ask @MattP why the mitre is set to what it is and not a bit higher to fix this type of thing?

Well if someone likes it where it is and can back up that the default setting is useful, I'd like to see an example. (If they don't mind. LOL)

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'll set it higher if you like, but things will get quite 'pointy' :)

Things wouldn’t get too ‘pointy’ if you set it to 1.5, would they? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.