You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Template option

Hey Guys,

I have been using AD as a tool to do DTP on my mac. Works great but I found something that i'd like to see added:

TEMPLATES

There are a set of standard templates in the system but I have not found any way to create your own templates.

It would be good to have the option to design a document, set it's parameters and any guidelines etc and then save that as a template so the next time you can simply select your own template and start designing.,

Especially for things like posters, leaflets, brochures and business cards this is highly useful.

Regards,

Peter Broerse

RGBLASER BV

Hi Peter, That would be a great option. My workaround for this is to set the document up as usual, so with guides and the correct dimensions etc then save that with the name in this case a Business card (BC_Template) and I have created a folder on my mac with my templates in. Just remember when you open them to actually create what's needed is to "save as" before you start work. Not ideal but it is a workaround and has all the guides as well.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials