You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expose option to hide bottom status (help) bar

20 hours ago, TextusGames said:

increase valuable vertical space.

That's why I bought a 16:10 monitor. I recommend, it's a noticeable difference.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

3 hours ago, Pšenda said:

That's why I bought a 16:10 monitor. I recommend, it's a noticeable difference.

I am using the notebook , so buying new monitor is not suitable for me.

However in the text settings file you can disable status bar  by changing it parameter from True to False.

15 minutes ago, TextusGames said:

However in the text settings file you can disable status bar  by changing it parameter from True to False

What text settings file are you referring to?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What text settings file are you referring to?

Folder on Windows:

C:\Users\TextusGames\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\Settings

File: 

UserInterfacePreferences

Parameter:

<StatusBarVisible>True</StatusBarVisible>

Change that line to: <StatusBarVisible>False</StatusBarVisible> 

Than  save file.  

Than Restart Affinity Designer.

Finally bottom status bar will dissapear ;)

That is how my Affinity Designer's layout is looking now without status bar and bottom horizontal scrollbar (Windows 10  175% scaling, than windows scale is set to 175% and bottom windows bar is hided the bottom part of Affinity Designer's unmaximaized window is  a little bit beneath screen (Issue). But it is good for me because it hides bottom horizontal scrollbar :) ) .

image.thumb.png.62c7c5b68d2b10f105bf1863aaa21a84.png

• 2 months later...

@TextusGames Thank you so much ! Great tip.

UPDATE : I spoke too soon. I thought it had worked but the Status bar has come back. When I double checked the xml file the setting has reverted back to True.

How can I commit these changes permanently?

On 6/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, razorpig said:

@TextusGames Thank you so much ! Great tip.

UPDATE : I spoke too soon. I thought it had worked but the Status bar has come back. When I double checked the xml file the setting has reverted back to True.

How can I commit these changes permanently?

I do not remember clearly, but this only happens if you use tab button on keyboard or menu command that allows to work without extra interface (kind of full-screen). If you do not use this commands status bar is not returning once you disable it.)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks carl123. That works and I can confirm that in the latest Beta the info bar remains hidden after a restart.

Great solution ! Although I can't help thinking this is another 'hack' for something that should be so simple.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

I agree that the hints at the bottom of the page are unnecessary, especially for experienced users.  But the page indicators and navigation buttons that come with them, I find invaluable -- especially when I'm working on very large projects -- which is always.  I am willing to live with the hints in order to have the page navigation tools.

I would like an easier way to bring them back when I accidentally hit the tab key and lose them.  In fact, I would like a button that would put everything -- the studios and toolbars -- back the way I had them.  It seems like it should be as simple to bring them back as it is to remove them.  Maybe tab should toggle this back and forth?

Wishing....

36 minutes ago, JCEyre said:

...Maybe tab should toggle this back and forth?

Tab toggles for me on Mac. Or do you want it to also somehow trigger the last chosen Studio Preset as well?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Or do you want it to also somehow trigger the last chosen Studio Preset as well?

If you toggle the UI on again, don't you get the Studio layout you were using when you toggled it off?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you toggle the UI on again, don't you get the Studio layout you were using when you toggled it off?

I get what was there before, not the actual Preset 01 layout which is what I started with earlier in the day.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 3/17/2022 at 6:45 PM, Old Bruce said:

I get what was there before, not the actual Preset 01 layout which is what I started with earlier in the day.

What do you mean by "before"?

If you mean "what was there just before you toggled the UI off", then that's what toggling the UI on again should give you.

Or do you perhaps mean that you:

1. Toggled the UI off.
  2. Switched to Preset 01 without toggling the UI on again.
  3. Then sometime later toggled the UI again?

-- Walt
PC: