You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.0.7.6] CMD clone creates extra copies of dragged object -- bug?

In the new 1.7.0.6 beta, when I CMD drag on an object to clone it, as soon as I release the mouse button 2 or 3 copies of the original are added to the Layers panel, all of them overlaying the location of the original. This is in addition to the duplicate created at the new, dragged to location.

The History panel shows just one "Duplicate and transform" step, & if I move back one step or use CMD+Z to 'undo' this, the extra copies remain. In fact, even if I move the history slider all the way to the left, which should result in an empty document, the extra copies are still there.

This does not happen with an option drag, just a command drag.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

A known bug already reported.

If you switch off snapping it should work OK

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

9 minutes ago, carl123 said:

A known bug already reported.

If you switch off snapping it should work OK

Thanks. I did a quick scan of this forum but did not find the report. FWIW, it seems to be "Snap to bounding boxes" option that triggers it -- has that already been reported?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 minutes ago, R C-R said:

has that already been reported

You just did

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

48 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You just did

Yeah, I know that. What I meant was if it had already been reported in the bug report (that I still can't find). Got a link to that handy?

Affinity Photo 

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Some bugs are cross platform.  You should search all forums

20 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Which one, there are lots of reports, are you sure your Forum Search Button is working OK

Has the forum search engine ever worked OK? 

Affinity Photo 

Just now, carl123 said:

Some bugs are cross platform.  You should search all forums

Why? There are separate forums for the Mac & Windows betas, so it is not unreasonable to expect that a bug that exists on both should be reported on both.

Affinity Photo 

True, but it's not unreasonable to expect that the Devs/Support would cross check any reported bugs on all platforms anyway

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

True, but it's not unreasonable to expect that the Devs/Support would cross check any reported bugs on all platforms anyway

They might, but as a user if I searched all the forums I would find lots of bug reports that are not cross-platform, & even when they are I rarely see any indication of that.

Affinity Photo 

I have to go now, my planet needs me

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

They might, but as a user if I searched all the forums I would find lots of bug reports that are not cross-platform, & even when they are I rarely see any indication of that.

Besides which, if you searched the Windows forums for bugs related to use of the Cmd key modifier you probably wouldn’t come up with very much. stirthepot.gif

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

I have to go now, my planet needs me

beer.gif beer.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.