You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Publisher Help Typos

I found some typos while reading Publisher Help:

About spreads

At document setup, you can use the Facing pages option to created your publication as spreads. Instead of working on single pages, you'll be working with a left (verso) and right (recto) page pairings displayed at the same time.

About master pages

Master pages act like templates, in that a master page can be shared by multiple publication pages. If you edit the master page at a later date, then all other pages will update to the new master page design instantly, although you can override master page content and design at any time.

To duplicate pages:

2. Click Duplicated Selected Pages or Duplicated Selected Master. The duplicate page is added after the originally selected page.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

This doesn’t sound right, either!

15 hours ago, Seneca said:

a left (verso) and right (recto) page pairings

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

And another!

• When placing a multi-page PDF document, you can choose which page you want to display by using Spread on the context toolbar. Only one page can ever be displayed although you sutimulate a spread by duplicating the placed PDF object and choosing a different Spread to view.

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

And another!

• When placing a multi-page PDF document, you can choose which page you want to display by using Spread on the context toolbar. Only one page can ever be displayed although you sutimulate a spread by duplicating the placed PDF object and choosing a different Spread to view.

The phrase ‘a different spread’ shouldn’t have an initial capital on the word ‘spread’. Although ‘using Spread on the context toolbar’ is OK, I would prefer to see an initial capital on the word ‘Context’ (cf. ‘the View menu’).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Keyboard shortcuts
The following keyboard shortcuts also allow you to adjust tracking or kerning:	

•To loosen spacing, .
•To tighten spacing, .
•For even looser spacing, press .
•For even tighter spacing, press .

Really helpful entry in Help!!! :/

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

This doesn’t sound right, either!

Actually I think it is just awkward, we have to look at the entire sentence...

21 hours ago, Seneca said:

Instead of working on single pages, you'll be working with a left (verso) and right (recto) page pairings displayed at the same time.

but I will say no more on the subject as I have been down those rabbit holes too many times, and all to no avail. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Don't want to but I will...

33 minutes ago, fde101 said:

the issue with that one is "a" ... "pairings" - this does not agree in number; "a" is singular but is connected to plural "pairings".  The "a" should most likely be removed.

"a" is referring to the two "page"s, it is awkward use and your solution is ... more elegant(?) so I will say no more and hope we get the typos fixed and the wording clearer.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.