You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guides not working

Are you using the Move tool, that is the only one which will allow you to pull guides off of the ruler. Do you have View > Show Guides checked or unchecked. On my system that will turn on if I drag a guide off the ruler but I don't know about other systems.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Just had a thought, are you using a mouse or tablet? Probably won’t make any difference but I think I’ll try resurrecting my mouse just to satisfy myself that it’s not something quirky to do with using a pen.

1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

Just had a thought, are you using a mouse or tablet? Probably won’t make any difference but I think I’ll try resurrecting my mouse just to satisfy myself that it’s not something quirky to do with using a pen.

Using a Wacom tablet without any problems. I keep the drivers up to date for this model.

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

Yeah I have for years, almost as a bible made sure that I keep everything up to date, in fact my wacom is set to auto update so I'm never behind on that score. Just tried the mouse, as I thought it's made no difference. Didn't really expect it to. I'm using 27 " imac 2017 running 10.14.3. Let get this right, I'm assuming from your response that you don't have any problems with the guide issue I have here, is that right?

6 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Let get this right, I'm assuming from your response that you don't have any problems with the guide issue I have here, is that right?

Assuming correctly. This might be down to a Mojave 10.14.3. issue as I am back on whatever the hell 10.12.6 is.

Ah yeah, just realised going through the guide manager works fine to set guides. Wrongly or rightly, I expected Publisher to behave in the same way as AP/AD whereby you can pull down guides manually....or can you?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.