You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Q about constrains and resizing

Question, hopefully not so stupid/obvious as my previous about the line ends, about constraints.

If you look at the attached images. Yellow and blue rectangles are grouped together and same are the other two. Original.png show the original position without resizing and scaled.png the result after i have scaled the groups. Blue and green box are using the same displayed constraint settings.

The question: why there is a gap between yellow and blue box after i have scaled their group?

Cheers
-k

constraints.afdesign

scaled.PNG

original.PNG

26 minutes ago, KiLa said:

...Yellow and blue rectangles are grouped together...

Constraints are for symbols, your file has none. Go to View > Studio > Symbols and you can then create a Symbol out of the selected group. Some one else will have to walk you through the various uses of the constraint panel. there is a video at 

and then there are more there on Vimeo as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

37 minutes ago, >|< said:

Constraints are not only for use with Symbols.

Thanks heaps. I now have something else to explore. These programs keep kept getting better with me not noticing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.