You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello. I am having an issue with uninstalling Affinity Photo. I installed the app on my additional SD drive. I have looked in programs and for some reason I cannot find it. The Affinity Photo icon is on my desktop, and the app loads up when double clicked. If I go to 'File Location' then see attached snip.

Can anyone help with this please? I want to uninstall but because it is installed on a separate drive to C, it isn't in programs.

Capture.PNG

From your screenshot, what is on your SD drive is a shortcut to the Affinity program. You could right-click on the shortcut and select Properties. This should tell you where the shortcut is pointing to.

However, if you want to uninstall AP, why are you not using the Windows Uninstall in the Settings?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi Existence,

Welcome to the forums :)

We recommend using the Windows Uninstall option through settings as John has mentioned above - if this isn't working for you then I'd recommend using the Uninstaller tool which can be downloaded from the following link. I hope this helps!

https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't use the Windows uninstaller because it is not listed in programs. That's the very issue I am having.

Also I tried downloading the uninstalling tool. Affinity Photo isn't listed, so I clicked on 'Not Listed' (ap1.PNG). Then it asks for a product code (ap2.PNG). I have no idea what that is. I thought it may be the product key. The number that validates the software. I tried this but it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

ap1.PNG

ap2.PNG

• Staff

Thanks for that. Can you please run the Affinity Photo installer again, pointed at your SD drive (where it was originally installed), not C. This installer should hopefully fail with an error and produce a log file which can be accessed by typing the following into Windows Run:

%TEMP%\AffinitySetup\

Please upload this SetupUI.log file here for me to investigate.

If you cannot force the installer to crash, please open Windows PowerShell (you can right-click on the start menu to quickly access this) and paste the following and hit return:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product

You should see a list of all programs installed, and the 'IdentifyingNumber' for them. Scroll through this list until you find Affinity Photo, then copy the ID from here and paste it into the Uninstaller dialogue as shown in your above screenshot.

Please do let me know how you get on :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

@Existence, If you type remove into the search box at the bottom left of the Windows screen, it will offer the option to Add or Remove Programs. Clicking on this brings up a list. You should find Affinity Photo on that list. Click on this and select Uninstall.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Did you purchase it from Serif or MS? Also it seems you're only looking on your "C" drive, and you state you did not install it there. So why look there for it. Look at the drive you installed it on. What Drive Letter did you install it to? I think that's where you need to start investigating. The power-shell search only looked on your C drive, and of course it's not going to find it there. JMHO

You can also look in the Registry Editor, Right-click on the Windows start select Run and type in "regedit". It will launch the Registry Editor. Then in the Left Pane, scroll down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the arrow to expand it. Then go to SOFTWARE, again expand it, and scroll down to Affinity. Again expand it and Photo. You should see a folder called 1 (that's numeral one). Click on it, then look in the right pane for Photo Install Path. That line should show you the exact path to where you installed it, and you should be able to find it there. Attached is a screenshot from mine.

regeditPath.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

@Existence
Apologies for the delayed response. In the Powershell list, shown in your second screenshot, does Affinity Photo appear and is an Identifying Number provided next to this? This can be copied into the uninstaller dialogue shown in your previous reply :)