You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to turn any car color into Black Matte?

• Staff

Hi Dvnniel,

Welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried using the HSL and Recolour adjustments if possible could you post a picture of the results you are currently getting when you try this?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Alternatively you can try a Matte Color Macro for this and adjust settings afterwards to your needs (try the "Matte color.macros" file when on iPad).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Dvnniel,

Welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried using the HSL and Recolour adjustments if possible could you post a picture of the results you are currently getting when you try this?

Thanks

Callum

https://imgur.com/a/VRd0biR

I’ve been playing around with HSL and recolour adjustments, that’s what I’ve came with.

but whenever I try to add Noise to make it more Matte it just does nothing...

2 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Alternatively you can try a Matte Color Macro for this and adjust settings afterwards to your needs (try the "Matte color.macros" file when on iPad).

I’ve tried it, it doesn’t do much to be honest , it makes it too faded and grey...

thanks everyone for your time :)!

Edited by dvnniel

Thus I said you have to adjust it,  so for cars etc. it has to look probably more like foiled metal then.

benz.jpg.37b8a81accafbff384820d189f8b1135.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

17 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Thus I said you have to adjust it,  so for cars etc. it has to look probably more like foiled metal then.

benz.jpg.37b8a81accafbff384820d189f8b1135.jpg

How can I edit macros? Sorry for the question but I’m new using Affinity, specially on iPad...

thank you very much for your help tho!

by the way, whenever I try to apply Noise it does nothing, do you know why?

Well that macro was created on a desktop version and since I don't use the iPad version I can't tell you how to modify that there on the iPad ,or if it is possible to build and edit macros there at all.

However, you can instead edit the results the macro generates. That macro generates layers with layer masks, you can probably select and fine tune/modify the layer masks in the layers panel on the iPad version too here then. For example fine tune the matte color effect and just mask the matte color on the wanted car regions.