You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP: Grid and Axis manager defaults

Greetings all,

New user here, I purchased Affinity Photo a month ago and have been thoroughly enjoying this software.  It fits in beautifully with my old workflow when I was using Lightroom and Photoshop.

That said, there's one thing I find a little frustrating.  In the Develop Persona I toggle the grid overlay on/off quite often as I make lens corrections and I never know what to expect when the grid appears.  Most of the time I have to go to the Grid and Axis manager to manually set the grid for the image I'm working on.

My images are all DNG format, is there a way to set the default grid spacing?

Thanks in advance
John

8 hours ago, JohnZeman said:

I make lens corrections

Do not use Auto Correction?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

At the moment I don't think there is a way to set the grid to a default setting, certainly not in 1.6.x but in 1.7 beta there is now a grid preset option

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

9 minutes ago, JohnZeman said:

Firstdefence that's good to know about 1.7 I'll be looking forward to it.

You can try it out for yourself now, John.

Affinity Photo on Mac - Customer Beta Build 1.0.7.112

Affinity Photo on Windows - Customer Beta Build 1.7.0.258

Please be aware that you may be unable to open version 1.7 files in version 1.6, so you should always work on copies of your files.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)